This position is within the AMS HP PageWide Press organization as a Sr. Commercial Category Product Manager.
AMS HP Pagewide Press Solutions is a business unit within the Graphics Solution Business (GSB) organization. HP is the market’s inkjet page volume leader with the best in class portfolio leading in performance, quality, and reliability.
As the Sr. Commercial Category Product Manager you will be responsible for managing the E2E product life cycle of T-series portfolio developing and executing GTM strategies to support business growth objectives, leveraging end-to-end solutions and cross segment opportunities.
- Lead programs and projects to develop the HP Inkjet Commercial segment to drive growth in the market
- Management of product life cycle for platforms in the commercial segment
- Support the GTM to lead sales efforts in for revenue, profit, supplies and services targets
- Strategic Planning – translates business goals into actionable plans and strategies that reflect the requirements and opportunities within the area of control.
- Create sales programs, pricing strategies and sales tools to achieve objectives for the business.
- Collaboration for key objectives surrounding needs, impacts to growth, limitations, or any values which hurt or enable our growth objectives in general.
- Solution selling – approaches selling from a business solution perspective to ensure that HP products and services accurately address client needs.
- Lead cross functional alignment within sales, service, and supplies resources to ensure seamless programs, pricing and promotions.
- Reviews and provides input and strategy for account-team deals.
- Lead Competitive Intelligence Category Projects for the Inkjet Commercial Segment
- Support creation, enlargement & conversion of funnel of Commercial HP Pagewide Presses.
- Lead New Product Introduction processes, manage Beta tests, intro and ramp up programs for new products in the folding carton segment.
- High touch point with HP PWP Commercial customers and prospects by creating long term relations.
- Develop and deliver deep knowledge within the region, transfer & communicate across functions.
- Suggest strategy changes internally and with external partners
- Lead projects that involve cross-functional coordination to provide integrated products/services/ solutions
- Improve processes affecting workgroup and interfaces; e.g., forecast system, obsolescence process, etc.
- Seen by sales team as an expert in the products/services/solutions and regularly is called on to deliver the benefits in front of customers or regional partners.
- Regularly recommend product/ service/solution direction to senior management.
Education, Skills and Experience Required
- College degree in Marketing/Business/Technical or equivalent work experience of 10 years or greater in a product management, strategic marketing or technical position.
- Be a leader, take the initiative to drive processes, deliverables, and meetings to closure.
- In-depth understanding and experience in the graphics arts industry highly desirable.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and business acumen, financial and analytical skills.
- Excellent business writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to think strategically (what and why), as well as tactically (how).
- Ability to multi-task and respond to changing priorities in a dynamic, growth-business environment.
- Comfortable in a sometimes-ambiguous and dynamic work environment, at times with senior-level management.
- Ability to influence individuals and teams without direct “line of authority”.
- Motivated to work until the job is done right with high attention to details.
- Understand interests and incentives of different stakeholders and adapt to your audience in delivering information.
- Great communicator
- Fast learner
- Ability to create intimate relations with customers
- Strong business acumen
- Innovative and out of the box thinking
- Willingness to work hard, dig deep and get hands dirty, think fast, take calculated risks and focus on complex goals.
- Cross functional work ability