The primary purpose of the Expert Clinical Systems Analyst role is to provide workflow analysis, design & build and technical support on Sunrise Clinical Manager products and work closely with other analysts supporting Cancer Treatment Centers of America applications.
- Leads clinical requirements development
- Applies clinical knowledge to integrate clinical practice and technology into clinical workflows that support safe and efficient patient care.
- Serves as a skilled clinical resource in support of non-clinical team members
- Acts as a liaison between end users, clinicians and non-clinical analysts.
- Work under the direction of the Manager to provideclinical application solutions for assigned business areas.
- Possess expert level functional knowledge of assigned application technology.
- Interact with business users to understand new business requirements and enhancement requests
- Serve liaison role between application technology vendors, internal IS groups, and clinical users.
- Translate business requirements into product-specific designs and configuration, detailed requirement specifications and use cases.
- Deliver functional specifications, design documents, clinical process workflow and related documentation for new development projects and/or enhancement and modification requests to be used by Clinical Systems Analyst.
- Interact with Systems Analysts during the software build and/or configuration process and testing process.
- Serve as leader of team or project overseeing work performed by more junior business analysts.
- Perform functional application configuration and configure /run reports at user request.
- Design and execute functional, integration, and regression test plans for new application functionality, product releases and enhancement and regulatory modifications using clinical scenarios and use cases.
- Ensure programs meet clinical specifications.
- Demonstrate new functionality to clinical users seeking inputs on future direction.
- Review vendor provided documentation and user manuals needed to support the product.
- Directly interface with business users by responding to support calls escalated by the Service Desk.
- Participate in user focus groups and requirements workshops, vendor training and demonstrations.
These are consistent accountabilities for all staff.
- Assist in supporting activations and rollouts.
- Consistent efforts to deliver quality solutions as per agreed scope.
- Customer focus and close alignment with the customers’ business objectives.
- Ensure efforts to continually improve domain knowledge.
- Ensure the quality of the deliverables as per the defined defects standards
- Document issues with resolutions and share with team members to improve team productivity.
- Provide data to generate team performance metrics.
- Knowledge transfer with other team members to improve overall team education level
- Take complete ownership for the assigned task and timely inform the progress of the project / task to all stakeholders.
- Adherence to the defined standards.
- Take initiative and drives to bring to logical conclusion; proactive approach.
- Provide accurate and timely information and escalates when there are issues.
- Actively participate in meetings and make valuable contribution.
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- BA or BS degreepreferred and/or other relevant combination of training and experience and industry experience.Clinical Degree, certification and/or Licensing required
- 5-10+ years Health IT Industry experiencepreferred
- 10+ years expert level experience in providing business process and functional support for clinical applications
- Experience with build, configuration and testing preferred
- Appropriate healthcare background to understand ambulatory workflows and requirements
- Experience with Sunrise Clinical Manager or Sunrise Ambulatory desired
- May require local travel
- May require other travel for business needs
- May require after hours on callsupport
- Work is performed in a standard office environment with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards