San Diego, CA
5 - 7 years
Posted 205 days ago
Tapestry Solutions, A Boeing Company, comes with over 30 years of industry experience designing, implementing, training and supporting logistics information systems. We have over 800 employees worldwide supporting our customers with high-quality, innovative, and cost-effective information technology and business intelligence solutions. Tapestry Solutions supports 85 defense, commercial and government customers from over 50 US locations and nine countries, including multiple forward operating bases in Afghanistan.
Title: MRO Implementation Specialist
Implements moderately complex logistics software solutions with customers at their sites including project planning and development of functional and technical requirements; conducting test events, customer training, data collection and integration; and development of technical and functional documentation. Assists in the business development capture and proposal process.
• Develops and implements project plans to meet customer program requirements and other requirements documents for customer staffing and approval. Coordinates the support plan requirements development and allocation.
• Executes implementation task to cost, quality and in accordance with the program/project integrated master schedule to support delivery of all contract deliverables. Tracks established performance metrics. Organizes program management reviews and technical management reviews.
• Supports the development of functional and technical requirements for product design. Works closely with the customer to codify requirements. May coordinate engineering change proposals, including baseline support concept.
• Researches, provides technical information and establishes processes to develop and maintain support products, engineering data and integrated support infrastructure. Coordinates between organizations and assists in the development and implementation of support products.
• Develops detailed test cases for use in testing software components for user acceptance testing of software to be released to the customer. May instruct others on the business processes of the client and describe how those processes affect the testing of the software.
• Validates deliverables per contract requirements. Supports site surveys and go-live efforts, working closely with the customer and documenting user acceptance. May conduct customer data conversion.
• Develops technical and functional documentation, including operating procedures and tailoring documents. Develops blueprints that specify the software functional requirements, data flow and process flow.
• Responds to customer inquiries and documents issues.
• Conducts or supports product demonstrations and/or technical reviews with the customer.
• Conducts customer training and instruction, both classroom and over-the-shoulder, on business and functional processes related to the software. Provides support to workshops, test events, training development, data collection and integration and development of technical and functional documentation.
• May provide technical proposal inputs and assist with responses to request for proposal and in the development of requests for information and resolution as well as the preparation of proposal basis of estimates.
• Some travel domestic and international.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Typical Education and/or Experience Qualifications:
Bachelor's and typically six (6) or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically four (4) or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge of GOLDesp or other MRO software experience.
• Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) knowledge and experience.
• Equipment maintenance (typically aircraft), supply/logistics and/or property management knowledge and experience.
• Ability to speak Arabic preferred.