MRF Manager II
I. Job Summary
Ensures the highest standards of environmental safety and operational excellence by effectively managing the day-to-day operations of the assigned MRF, and maintains cost management within the MRF.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Ensures smooth operation of site, including: gatehouse, sorting, loading.
- Minimizes handling and operational costs.
- Continually works to reduce turnaround time for trucks in and out of site.
- Regularly proposes means of operational improvement.
- Acts as a liaison, where necessary, for community relationships.
- Complies with and ensures adherence to Waste Management’s Mission to Zero standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient operations.
- Submits reasonable budget information and analyzes data versus year-to-date data and prior yearbudget.
- Assists in creating a positive team-oriented environment through employee development and motivation.
- Ensures the cleanliness and maintenance of the physical property of the MRF through inspections and preventive maintenance programs with supervisors/employees.
- Oversees personnel needs of the MRF including selecting, coaching, and training employees and evaluating employee performance. Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
- Conducts and/or attends and contributes to periodic safety meetings.
- Provides training and presentations as needed in a positive and professional manner.
- Updates and submits requiredreports in a timely manner.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of supervisory employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of 30 full-time employees, including: Operators, Operations Supervisors, Sorters; Operations Specialists, Scalehouse Attendants, etc.
- Indirect supervision of 10 full-time employees: MRF plant and equipment maintenance.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) in IndustrialEngineering, or similar area of study, or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: 7 years of previous work experience (in addition to education requirement).
- Preferred: Waste industry experience; experience in a material recycling facility is a plus.