- This posting is for multiple positions that report to the St. Louis Manufacturing Research & Development team within the Boeing Research and Technology's (BR&T) Manufacturing Technology Integration organization. The BR&T | MR&D group supports production and development programs within the St. Louis site, leading manufacturing technology insertion & integration into the production system.
- Candidates will provide support to St. Louis production programs and development projects in the areas of robotics/automation, production equipment, mechatronics, process development, and mechanical drilling/fastening/inspection/assembly technologies.
- Candidates will support operations across composite fabrication, paint operations, and assembly operations in support of multiple aircraft and weapons programs.
- Candidate has considerable latitude in determine technical objectives of assignments and will represent the organization as a prime technical contact on manufacturing technologies and MR&D projects.
- Candidate will interact with senior external personnel on difficult technical matters and represent the organization to internal senior management levels.
- Candidate will provide technical solutions to a wide variety of complex problems that require ingenuity and creativity.
Typical responsibilities will include:
1. Apply knowledge of engineering and scientific principles to aircraft design efforts, production operations improvements, develop and implement wide range of technologies, and reduce costs of aircraft assemblies.
2. Review engineering documents, drawings, and support design reviews to ensure proper selection and specification of equipment and processes for part fabrication, paint, and assembly operations.
3. Evaluation of new technologies for potential application to business needs. Performing TRL & MRL assessment on technologies proposed and/or procured for production.
4. Work directly with engineering, manufacturing and suppliers to perform manufacturing process improvements and implement robotics, automation, and manufacturing technologies to achieve cost reductions.
5. Coordinate with supplier management for purchase of production equipment
6. Create and manage project schedules and coordinate technology integration activities with program support teams.
7. Help resolve programmatic and technical problems that would affect cost, schedule, and performance.
8. Support root cause and corrective action reviews by conducting engineering investigations for fabrication and/or assembly issues. Additional Information: Successful candidates will have strong communication skills and be a highly motivated self-starter who can apply engineering skills to current production support requirements and MR&D projects. Interaction with customers (internal and external) and suppliers to coordinate and resolve production technical issues on a frequent basis. Participate as a team member in Integrated Product Team projects. Work under general supervision of more senior technical engineers. Occasional travel to vendor facilities, technical conferences, or technical exchange meetings is required.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Engineering Test and Tech
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
- This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
- Successful candidates will have strong communication skills and be a highly motivated self-starter who can applyengineering skills to current production support requirements and MR&D projects.
- Interaction with customers (internal and external) and suppliers to coordinate and resolve production technical issues on a frequent basis.
- Participate as a team member in Integrated Product Team projects.
- Work under general supervision of more senior technical engineers.
- Occasional travel to vendor facilities, technical conferences, or technical exchange meetings is required.
- Must have the ability to resolve technical problems effecting cost, schedule or performance.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work within and across an Integrated Product Team (IPT).
Typical Education / Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Job ID 1700013572