First Data’s Product Development, Client Solutions and Technology functions are responsible for innovation and advancement of our technology solutions across all of our client segments, and make a critical contribution to ensuring that First Data retains its position as a leading technology innovator. Our Product Development teams are responsible for end-to-end ownership of the product life cycle. Our Client Solutions teams deliver global solutions and expertise that make commerce possible. Our Technology teams develop a wide range of applications and solutions that enable next-generation commerce and create the infrastructure of the global commerce ecosystem. They also ensure that our data remains secure through their work in cyber-security
Position Description Overview
Become part of a team of MQ & Middleware Systems Engineers who support large Middleware environments running critical financial transactions. The candidate will be a team player in a technology organization responsible for First Data’s MQ & Middleware environment. The organization consists of highly trained system engineers and administrators, whose responsibilities include sustaining, engineering and production support of our Middleware environments. At First Data, Middleware technologies include IBM MQ, WebSphere, WebSphere Liberty Profile, JBoss, WebLogic, Tomcat, Apache, IBM http server, Jetty, Adobe Products and etc. This position will be primarily focused onsupporting and automating support of our IBM MQ environments.
- Leads troubleshooting calls and drives to root cause resolution; makes recommendations for long-termresolution of problems across the enterprise.
- Leads complex initiatives and issues within the MQ functional technical area as well as cross functional areas.
- Ensures adherence to established standards and consults with senior leadership on technology solutions.
- Works closely with the application development organization and other functional IT areas to determine best practices, tuning, problem resolution and root cause analysis in the MQ & Middleware space.
- Recommends strategies for technical aspects of the existing systems as well as broad system improvements.
- Recommends strategies for process and monitoring improvement.
- Deploy and manage infrastructures for the MQ environment.
- Provides technical consulting on the use & integration of the MQ & Middleware system utilities, tools, and applications.
- 7+ years hands on experience working with High availability systems.
- Experience in container technologies like Docker.
- Experience working with large, fast paced environments is a plus.
- Strong performance and tuning experience.
- 24X7 Production support is required.
- Experience with audit requirements for PII, and PCI.
- Familiarity with using a ticketing system to document and track work status.
- Experience with IBM PMR process is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years administering and architecting IBM MQ environments, including deployment, upgrades, configurations, setup, troubleshooting, and root cause analysis.
- 4+ years of strong hands-on experience with configuring, troubleshooting, and support of IBM MQ clustered environments.
- 1-2+ years of experience administering ActiveMQ environments.
- 1-2+ years of experience with various components of Message Broker, including Broker, Execution Groups, Integration Servers, Message Flow / Applications.
- Experience working with the latest versions of WebSphere Products, Apache, Jboss, Tomcat, IBM Http server, WebLogic.
- Strong understanding of different operating systems like RedHat Linux, Windows, AIX, Suse Linux.
- Hands on experience with Shell scripting, wsadmin, jython/python, SALT.
- Technical propensity to thrive in a cutting edge technology environment.