- Leads troubleshooting calls and drives to root cause resolution; makes recommendations for long-term resolution of problems across the enterprise.
- Leads complex initiatives and issues within the MQ functional technical area as well as cross functional areas.
- Ensures adherence to established standards and consults with senior leadership on technology solutions.
- Works closely with the application development organization and other functional IT areas to determine best practices, tuning, problem resolution and root cause analysis in the MQ & Middleware space.
- Recommends strategies for technical aspects of the existing systems as well as broad system improvements.
- Recommends strategies for process and monitoring improvement.
- Deploy and manage infrastructures for the MQ environment.
- Provides technical consulting on the use & integration of the MQ & Middleware system utilities, tools, and applications.
- A self-starter with strong communication and collaborative skills.
- 5+ years hands on experience working with High availability systems.
- 6+ years administering and architecting IBM MQ environments, including deployment, upgrades, configurations, setup, troubleshooting, and root cause analysis.
- 2+ years of strong hands-on experience with configuring, troubleshooting, and support of IBM MQ clustered environments.
- 1-2+ years of experience administering ActiveMQ environments.
- 1-2+ years of experience with various components of Message Broker, including Broker, Execution Groups, Integration Servers, Message Flow / Applications.
- Experience working with the latest versions of WebSphere Products, Apache, Jboss, Tomcat, IBM Http server, WebLogic.
- Strong understanding of different operating systems like RedHat Linux, Windows, AIX, Suse Linux.
- Hands on experience with Shell scripting, wsadmin, jython/python, SALT.
- Technical propensity to thrive in a cutting edge technology environment.
- Experience in container technologies like Docker.
- Experience working with large, fast paced environments is a plus.
- Strong performance and tuning experience.
- 24X7 Production support is required.
- Experience with audit requirements for PII, and PCI.
- Familiarity with using a ticketing system to document and track work status.
- Experience with IBM PMR process is a plus.