MQ Administrator - Senior
Summary of This Role
Responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining distributed and mainframe MQ environments. This includes all
approved vendor software for enabling the developmental, operational and production support groups to perform their
assigned tasks. Serves as a technical resource for the company and is responsible for resolving issues with the system
software used at TSYS installations.
What Part Will You Play?
- Under moderate supervision, assists with the design, implementation, and maintenance of Enterprise Infrastructures
- Under moderate supervision, assists in Deployment of security patches and updates
- Management of MQ security and related tools
- Under moderate supervision, assists with the installation of MQ on the following operating systems (Solaris, Linux, AIX,
- Windows, VM Ware, and Mainframe systems
- Assists with MQ script working for industry specific scripting languages
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: Major in Computer Science preferred, other majors considered. Willing to accept additional experience in lieu of a degree.
- Typically Minimum 4 Years Relevant Exp
- Experience in system administration within a highly available enterprise environment or related experience.
- Typically Minimum 4 Years Relevant Exp – MQ, CICS, UNIX., Linux(on x86 and z), P-Series, DB2, IMS, Windows, VM
Ware, Active Directory, Mainframe (TSO, JCL, SDSF)
MQ Certifications, Mainframe Certifications
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE - Has substantial understanding of the job and applies knowledge and skills to complete a wide
- range of tasks.
- JOB COMPLEXITY - Works on assignments that are routine to moderately difficult, requiring some decision in resolving
- issues or in making recommendations.
- SUPERVISION - Normally receives little instruction on daily work, general instructions on newly introduced assignments.
- Configuration Management - Design, implement and maintain system specific Environments
- Infrastructure - Design, implement and maintain large x86 implementations on IBM System XP IBM Pure Flex, HP
- BladeSystem hardware, and IBM Mainframe (including Linux on z)