- Boeing Research & Technology is looking for engineers to provide mechanical fastening and assembly expertise in St. Louis supporting the 777X Commercial Program.
- Looking for an experienced individual that can provide Mechanical / Structural / Assembly - Materials and Process support of mechanical assembly.
- Review engineering documents, drawings, and support design reviews to ensure proper selection and specification of processes for assembly.
- Assist in the evaluation and implementation of new technologies for potential application to business needs.
- Work directly with engineering, manufacturing and suppliers to perform manufacturing process improvements and implement LEAN+ / cost reductions.
- Apply knowledge of assembly operations to develop designs and standard processes that are repeatable, cost effective, environmentally friendly, and meet contractual and regulatory requirements.
- Help resolve programmatic and technical problems that would affect cost, schedule and performance.
- Conduct engineeringinvestigations to determine root cause and corrective action for process quality issues.
- Support Integrated Product Teams and regularly communicate with customers (internal and external) and suppliers to coordinate and resolve production technical issues.
- Occasional travel to customer and subcontractor facilities may be required.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Engineering Test and Tech
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
- Must have the ability to resolve technical problems effecting cost, schedule or performance.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work within and across an IPT team.
- Hands on engineering skills and assembly experience for all types of aerospace assembly is needed (sub-assembly, join and installation, major assembly and final assembly).
- Familiarity or experience with Boeing Commercial Assemblies, Process Specs and or BCA Drawing Approval is a plus.
Typical Education / Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Job ID 1700013308