11 - 15 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
Job Number : 87428
Division : Engineering
The MP&L Manager will interact with product development, purchasing, and quality apart from all suppliers in this position.
The position is responsible for all activities related to planning, programming & logistics of all incoming materials and their equivalent packaging to meet both capacity and quality of those same components at point of use (Assembly Line). The planning phase to optimizes the logistic flow from 3 main continents of sourcing as well as maintaining and further developing right-sized inventory levels. This position will play a key role within the plant management team to contribute to a safe work environment, and a flawless quality product delivered to our customers on time. While ideas of the organizational structure of your department exist, you have great opportunity to form it as you believe best support the needs & deliverables described above. You have the chance to hire and form the team from the start.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure compliance with customer requirements
o Communicate and convert short and long term customer volume requirements into detailed assembly operation planning for decision making together with operations management
o Establish the parameters for the planning and scheduling processes of the materials according to the response times required by our clients
o Coordinate production scheduling plans within the plants assembly line(s) as well as for (re)packaging, billing and shipments for on time delivery to quality and cost
o Oversee shipment and invoicing processes and correct ASN setup
o Supervise actions to ensure in time arrival of direct materials to plant
o Take ownership of customer delivery metrics and drive for compliance
o Provide required resources for proper operation of the department such as software, equipment, packaging etc.)
• Creation of shareholder value
o Establish together with plant management team the objectives, short and long term strategy of the plant (Budget and Key Performance Indicators). The MP&L manager is directly responsible for the supplier delivery performance, inventory levels and customer deliveries metrics
o Establish the department goals together with the MP&L department staff which are all aligned with the plant budget and Key Performance Indicators
• Compliance to Quality, Safety and Environments standards
• Promote continuous staff development
o Identify the need for training within the department together with HR based on the yearly appraisal results vs job description as well as part of day to day operation
o Develop individual training / development plans to each individual direct report
o Promote establishing a career plan for key personnel together with HR
• Promote the culture of respect and application to organizational values
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Engineering degree Industrial Engineering, preferably with a master degree within Supply Chain / Logistics
• 10+ years of experience within the field of MP&L in one or more complex automotive manufacturing supply chain environments. Cross national and continent preferred
• 5+ years of managerial experience
• Leadership trainings / certificates appreciated
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
• Effective leadership (assertiveness, systemic thinking, teamwork, time management, effective meetings, emotional intelligence, etc.)
• Hands on experience in manufacturing (with thorough knowledge of supply chain and assembly plant processes, procedures, facilities/warehouse processes)
• Knowledge of automotive industry standards and launch procedures as TS16949 and core tools (APQP & Control Plan, PFMEA, MSA, SPC, PPAP), IMDS, etc.
• Knowledge of Packaging standards, requirements and customer expectations
• Previous SAP experience or other inventory and/or ERP system
• Demonstrated Inventory management and control ability as well as inventory value reduction experience
• Demonstrated expertise in solving complex supply chain problems applying objective data for negotiation and/or escalation and to manage supplier flow of components in time
• Considerable creativity and initiative is required.
• Independent judgment is normally required with some direction from management.
• Overall flexibility and adaptability to design changes, supplier quality issues in order to ensure constant flow of conforming material from within supply chain
• Experience within Powertrain and particularly transmission is a plus
• Language: English, knowledge in Spanish and/or German a plus
• 10-20% travel and ability to periodically work non-traditional business hours to support local and international suppliers.