Our Corporate Solutions Group is seeking a Move Manager (Furniture Specialist) that will work as part of the project team, developing the scope and schedule for the project. This role will help with developing and implementing furniture plans and budgets in collaboration with OP staff, FM staff, and project management and construction management JLL teams.
Works as part of the project team, developing the scope and schedule for the project.
What this job involves?
Being in the forefront
The Move Manager (Furniture Specialist) is an integral part of the Project Team. As a Move Manager (Furniture Specialist), you’ll be assisting with the management of furniture issues for projects. Proactively manage furniture-related issues on account or assignment and provide a single point of contact for all furniture management activities, you will be responsible for ensuring all furniture management activities are performed in a manner consistent with the client’s and Jones Lang LaSalle’s policies and procedures.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Manage the majority of a furniture issues project by self and/or supervise additional staff
- Audit buildings for furniture condition assessment, liability issues and general placement
- Manage furniture warehousing scope for furniture product stored at mover’s warehouses, including disposition, brokering, recycling, restoration or cleaning
- Work closely with client contact and Space Planning on monitoring furniture product that is slated for the storage in the warehouse, disposition or brokering
- Inventory furniture product on a consistent basis, both in client buildings and in warehouse
- Ensure client satisfaction throughout the furniture management process
- Ensure all furniture management activities are performed in a manner consistent with documented processes and in accordance with the client’s and JLL's policies and procedures
- Develop and maintain furniture brokering, disposition, cleaning, etc. project schedules in client's preferred format
- Use Windfall or equivalent inventory management software
- Perform data input and ensure data accuracy within Windfall or equivalent inventory tracking software
- Ensure compliance with all key performance indicators
- Meet assigned financial targets
- Receive and process client furniture requests
- Provide a single point of contact for all furniture management activities
- Participate in move and planning meetings hosted by the client, Occupancy Planning and other key stakeholders
- Establish furniture management project goals and objectives, making changes where necessary to ensure desired project results
- Prepare/update project status reports, review invoices and ensure timely payment, update tracking reports and maintain files for due diligence and financials.
- Prepare various RFPs & level for vendor and contractor services for the complete project.
- Procure and manage furniture/move labor, including vendor/contractor bidding process, evaluate proposals and recommend selection of vendor/contractor
- Demonstrate a proactive focus on meeting client and project requirements in a timely and cost effective manner
- Incorporate “best practices” into furniture management projects
Sound like you? Before you apply, it’s also worth knowing what we’re looking for:
A Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Construction Management, Facilities Management, Architecture, or similar. Minimum of 5 years of furniture management or related experience, such as experience as a facility coordinator, project coordinator, or similar/related experience – ideally in a Corporate Real Estate environment.