Description MOTOR VEHICLE MECHANIC LEAD (FEMA-17-2079-Z):
Bowhead seeks a Motor Vehicle Mechanic Lead to repair, rebuild, or overhaul major assemblies of internal combustion automobiles, buses, trucks or tractors in support of FEMA National Fleet. The Motor Vehicle Mechanic Lead requires rounded training and experience usually acquired through a formal apprenticeship or equivalent.
Essential functions include:
• Performs routine and preventive motor vehicle maintenance as required.
• Perform all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards.
• Reads manufacturers schematics, follows troubleshooting trees, researches parts, Identifies parts required, and fills out purchase order requests in a timely manner
• Adheres to all company and OSHA mandated safety policies and procedures to include proper use of personal protective equipment. Follows established EPA laws and local regulations involving chemical use and disposal as well as identification reporting guidelines.
• Repairs and upgrades lift-trucks by listening to operator’s descriptions of malfunctions, conducts tests, identifies problems and solutions
• Use computers to perform duties related to the job such as researching parts, completing timesheets, completing training modules, and communicating through e-mail and other basic computer tasks as required
• Diagnosing the source of trouble and determining the extent of repairs required; replacing worn or broken parts such as piston rings, bearings, or other engine parts; grinding and adjusting valves.
• Rebuilding carburetors, overhauling transmissions and repairing fuel injection
• Operates and inspects machines or equipment to diagnose defects
• Tests overhauled equipment to insure operating efficiency
Requirements • High School Diploma or equivalent PLUS a minimum of ten(10) years of experience in vehicle maintenance and repair management
• Must currently have a CDL’s (Commercial Driver’s License)
• Must possess a strong desire to provide excellent customer service solutions and interact with coworkers and clients in a courteous and professional manner.
• Must have experience with conveyor lines, scooters, MHE, and similar material handling systems. Repairs and upgrades lift-trucks. Conducts tests, and identifies problems and solutions. Maintains lift-truck serviceability.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must currently hold or be able to obtain successfully obtain a security clearance at the public trust level (NACI).