Triumph participates at all levels of the aerospace supply chain – from single components, to complex systems, to aerospace structures and their contents. We provide solutions for the entire product life cycle of an aircraft – from raw material to aftermarket service. Our unique ability to integrate a broad range of products and capabilities is our competitive advantage.
The Lead Motor Engineer reports to the Electromechanical Engineering Manager, primarily supporting development of new motors for motion control systems in aerospace applications.
- Perform the electromagnetic design of motors using magnetic modeling tools and experience
- Participate with new product development teams to provide motor expertise in architecture trade studies
- Support and guide motor mechanical design
- Recommend development testing
- Assist in motor optimization, industrialization and troubleshooting
- Prepare analysis and reports in support of motor substantiation and qualification
- Support motor development and qualification testing
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience in motor design
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Experience in the magnetic design of brushless DC motors
- Knowledge of other motor types desirable
- Experience with magnetic modeling tools (SPEED, PLECS, Simulink etc).
- Experience with motor manufacturing methods, processes and manufacturing tolerances.