Job Title: Motor Control Engineer - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Kokomo, IN
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
- Experience Level (Years)6 - 8
- Lead the development of machine and motor controls for synchronous and asynchronous machines in electric and hybrid vehicle applications.
- Support product development work products such as software requirements documentation in order to develop & document software requirements
- Establish traceability between product verification and requirements
- Work with inverter controls and inverter systems team to integrate and support motor controls algorithms in application.
- Support dynamometer testing for algorithm development, algorithm verification, and machine characterization.
- Perform simulation of machine plant and control algorithm models in order to develop and adapt various motor controls and modulation algorithms.
- Lead troubleshooting of product failures
- Communicate project technical status internally and externally
- Bachelor?s degree in ElectricalEngineering or ElectricalEngineeringTechnology
- 2 semesters course work with of machines or motors and related control concepts for electric and hybrid electric vehicle drive systems, including Field Oriented Vector Control and Space Vector Modulation techniques.
Nice to haves (preferred qualifications):
- Master?s degree in ElectricalEngineering or ElectricalEngineeringTechnology, specialization in Power Electronics
- Experience with one or more of the following: system simulation and modeling tools (e.g. Matlab/Simulink), on-board diagnostics, and design approaches to meet functional safety requirements, and structured problem solving techniques.
- Knowledge of power electronics systems and inverter operation.
- Knowledge of automotive microprocessors.
- Familiarity with electric/hybrid vehicles.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A strong desire to be part of deeply-skilled team and to engineer automotive power electronics for the next generation of electrified vehicles, while working with some of the world?s top automakers.
- motor controls development and machine characterization testing