ABOUT THE JOB (JOB BRIEF):
Reporting to the KeyBank Mortgage (KBM) National Sales Manager, the KBM Sales Manager is accountable for managing and coordinating all prime mortgage origination sales and service activities, expense management, growth and retention of the sales force within one of the 9 regions within the Community Bank franchise. This position supports the strategic direction of the region while ensuring the region plans are aligned with the business strategy. The KBM Sales Manager is accountable for the delivery of exceptional sales results, the execution of a disciplined sales culture, and the coaching and development of a high performing sales team. This position partners with other lines of business leaders primarily the retail partners to increase the mortgage and other retail banking opportunities. The KBM Sales Manager will be responsible for managing client referral and cross sell processes ensuring all new customers are introduced to a local Key Bank Branch. This individual ensures sales/originator systems and work flows are efficiently controlled and will partner effectively with our internal fulfillment area in properly managing the loan process from point of registration to closing. This individual will also develop and coach a team of Loan Officers (could include all channels: Retail field, CDB & Private Banking) to ensure they have a thorough knowledge and understanding of the bank origination process in order to meet or exceed financial objectives/ profitability.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The role of the KBM Sales Manager is to staff, build, coach, develop, lead and motivate a team that is capable of analyzing clients’ needs while efficiently stepping the client through the loan origination process. The KBM Sales Manager is responsible for knowing and ensuring the loan officers are familiar with all Federal Regulations and bank policies/procedures. The KBM Sales Manager is to keep informed of trends and developments in the real estate market and mortgage industry. In addition, the KBM Sales Manager is to develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of products and services as well as knowledge of competitors and competitive products.
Other responsibilities include:
1. Conduct Team Meeting: Conduct a weekly team call with Loan Officers. At least quarterly, the manager should meet in person with their team as a group.
2. Market/Region Leadership Engagement: Effective weekly interaction with market/region leadership including RSL & ARLs and regular interaction with other Line of Business leaders.
1. Conduct One on Ones with each LO: Topics of discussion should include, but not be limited to:
2. Production to Goal Review: Meet with RSL and Private Bank Sales Leader(s) to review monthly mortgage results against goal and discuss future tactics and strategies.
1. Observational Coaching: Conduct at least one observational coaching session with each LO and one of their clients, internal referral partners or COI’s. Opportunities for observation include:
2. Sales Manager inspection of each Loan Officer’s commitment their branch schedule and effectiveness of their internal & COI business development. 3 Sales Manager to invite their CDB Market Compliance partner to a at least one Team Meeting to discuss CDB initiatives and share best practices for supporting the LMI Community with their mortgage needs.
1. Annual Goal Setting and Individual Sales Action Planning: Provide LOs with a Goal Setting/Sales Action Planning Toolkit for use in completing their individual Sales Action Plans which should include activities not addressed in the LO Playbook. Conduct one on one meetings to review and finalize each LO’s individual annual production goals and Sales Action Plan This document, along with the LO Playbook and Performance Scorecard will be used to regularly measure activities and performance.
• Bachelor’s degree (business or finance preferred) or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of three years mortgage experience
KeyCorp's roots trace back 190 years to Albany, New York. Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, Key is one of the nation's largest bank-based financial services companies, with assets of approximately $134.5 billion at March 31, 2017. Key provides deposit, lending, cash management, insurance, and investment services to individuals and businesses in 15 states under the name KeyBank National Association through a network of more than 1,200 branches and more than 1,500 ATMs. Key also provides a broad range of sophisticated corporate and investment banking products, such as merger and acquisition advice, public and private debt and equity, syndications, and derivatives to middle market companies in selected industries throughout the United States under the KeyBanc Capital Markets trade name. KeyBank is Member FDIC.