ABOUT THE JOB (JOB BRIEF):
Reporting to the KeyBank Mortgage (KBM) National Sales Manager, the KBM Sales Manager is accountable for managing and coordinating all prime mortgage origination sales and service activities, expense management, growth and retention of the sales force within one of the 9 regions within the Community Bank franchise.
This position supports the strategic direction of the region while ensuring the region plans are aligned with the business strategy.
The KBM Sales Manager is accountable for the delivery of exceptional sales results, the execution of a disciplined sales culture, and the coaching and development of a high performing sales team.
This position partners with other lines of business leaders primarily the retail partners to increase the mortgage and other retail banking opportunities.
The KBM Sales Manager will be responsible for managing client referral and cross sell processes ensuring all new customers are introduced to a local Key Bank Branch.
This individual ensures sales/originator systems and work flows are efficiently controlled and will partner effectively with our internal fulfillment area in properly managing the loan process from point of registration to closing.
This individual will also develop and coach a team of Loan Officers (could include all channels: Retail field, CDB & Private Banking) to ensure they have a thorough knowledge and understanding of the bank origination process in order to meet or exceed financial objectives/ profitability.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The role of the KBM Sales Manager is to staff, build, coach, develop, lead and motivate a team that is capable of analyzing clients’ needs while efficiently stepping the client through the loan origination process.
The KBM Sales Manager is responsible for knowing and ensuring the loan officers are familiar with all Federal Regulations and bank policies/procedures.
The KBM Sales Manager is to keep informed of trends and developments in the real estate market and mortgage industry. In addition, the KBM Sales Manager is to develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of products and services as well as knowledge of competitors and competitive products.
Other responsibilities include:
- Sales Leadership & Business Delivery
- Drive an aggressive sales culture in the region by ensuring accountability for results through execution of the sales and sales management process and effective coaching practices which include coaching to superior quality customer service and sharing best practices.
- Develop loan officers through observational coaching, joint sales calls and using the coaching model and developing/utilizing individual professional growth plans.
- Staffing of loan officers within the markets within the region including recruiting/identifying talent and interviewing and selecting and training new loan officers with involvement from the National Sales Manager.
- Establishes and tracks performance objectives for loan officers; manages and evaluates staff performance to established objectives, differentiates performance and strives to ensure each loan officer achieves their respective goals.
- Manage employee hours worked in accordance to and compliant with KeyBank’s time tracking policies
- Collaborate and ensures loan officers are partnering effectively with third party fulfillment partner to meet the needs of customers from the point of registration to closing.
- Ensure loan officers adhere to the KBM lending policies, including government regulations, ensure information is properly disclosed to clients. Responsible for overall compliance and quality control within the department - ensuring documentation is appropriate; application packages are timely, quality is acceptable, and timely completion of disclosures.
- Effectively assist loan officers with resolving customer complaints within a timely fashion.
- Effectively monitor and manage loan officers in their pipeline management while at the same time effectively managing pricing issues.
1. Conduct Team Meeting: Conduct a weekly team call with Loan Officers. At least quarterly, the manager should meet in person with their team as a group.
2. Market/Region Leadership Engagement: Effective weekly interaction with market/region leadership including RSL & ARLs and regular interaction with other Line of Business leaders.
1. Conduct One on Ones with each LO: Topics of discussion should include, but not be limited to:
- Review and discuss individual mortgage production, cross sell and home equity results compared to LO’s individual goals.
- Review LO Playbook and LO’s Individual Sales Action Plan to ensure LO is effectively executing on all activities & discuss future tactics and strategies (30 day look back review/30 day look forward plan). Identify best practice activities leading to results with internal partners and COI’s
- Review of time management and hours worked
- Review registered pipeline; focus on loan status, agedloans, expired loans and upcoming expiratio
2. Production to Goal Review: Meet with RSL and Private Bank Sales Leader(s) to review monthly mortgage results against goal and discuss future tactics and strategies.
1. Observational Coaching: Conduct at least one observational coaching session with each LO and one of their clients, internal referral partners or COI’s. Opportunities for observation include:
- LO conducting a mortgage presentation during an in-person branch huddle, Key at Work call or COI call
- LO conducting a quarterly planning meeting with a Branch Manager, per the LO Playbook
- LO conducting a planning session with a PB, RM or Line of Business partner
- LO conducting a telephone sales call with a borrower or COI referral source
- LO “In Action” during a Mortgage Day Execute a post observation meeting to de-brief with the LO
2. Sales Manager inspection of each Loan Officer’s commitment their branch schedule and effectiveness of their internal & COI business development. 3 Sales Manager to invite their CDB Market Compliance partner to a at least one Team Meeting to discuss CDB initiatives and share best practices for supporting the LMI Community with their mortgage needs.
1. Annual Goal Setting and Individual Sales Action Planning: Provide LOs with a Goal Setting/Sales Action Planning Toolkit for use in completing their individual Sales Action Plans which should include activities not addressed in the LO Playbook.
Conduct one on one meetings to review and finalize each LO’s individual annual production goals and Sales Action Plan This document, along with the LO Playbook and Performance Scorecard will be used to regularly measure activities and performance.
• Bachelor’s degree (business or finance preferred) or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of three years mortgage experience