The Retail Operations Manager is responsible for enabling and perfecting technical processing performance, productivity, quality and service delivery. Critical to the success of this role is the incumbent’s ability to influence behavior and ensure consistency in workflow and organizational approach. Average team size will be 10 employees.
- Effectively manage the competing objectives of output and quality.
- Achieve quality performance results at PennyMac standard or above.
- Ensure operations team operates in accordance with established Retail Operations organizational design, workflow, role and task assignment standards.
- Maximize the use of technology and limited documentation programs to enhance the customer experience and achieve the highest levels of efficiency.
- Conduct regular meetings to ensure open communication, mutual understanding of team and fulfillment site goals and objectives.
- Ensure there is a spirit of cooperation within the fulfillment sit and with other PennyMac departments. Serve as an escalation resource to resolve customer complaint issues.
- Establish and communicate to employees the requirements and accountabilities for superior job performance.
- Encourage initiative and recognize employee achievement.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
- Demonstrate behaviors which are aligned with the organization’s desired culture and values
Ideal Candidate will have the following:
- Working knowledge of Fannie, Freddie, FHA and VA guidelines
- Proficiency in use of computers and software
- Results oriented and performance management focused
- Exercises good judgment; Effective organizational skills
- Ensures there are current plans to guide the work unit and they are understood
- Manages workflow to enhance productivity and minimize stress
- Must be highly proficient in Excel and Word
- Must be a team player with strong attention to detail and able to work independently
- Proven track record at delivering timely and accurate information in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, mathematical skills and sound judgment
- Financial Services and, if possible, mortgage industry experience preferred
- Strong business acumen and ability to interface with executive management
Years of Experience: