A Better opportunity:
Better is hiring a Mortgage Quality Control Director to oversee and expand our audit/quality control function. You will work cross collaboratively with both the Mortgage Operations and Legal and Compliance teams to ensure our origination processes comply with state, federal, and investor regulations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Expand and implement procedures for audit/quality control processes, including mortgage origination, pre and post close review, and servicing.
- Perform QC audits of all loan types according to sampling percentages set internally or by individual investors.
- Serve as liaison between Better and external vendors providing mortgage origination/servicing reviews.
- Track, monitor and report on customer complaints.
- Perform internal investigations as needed.
- Assist the General Counsel and CCO with special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, math or statistics. JD a plus.
- Underwritingexperience in financial industry, with 2 years of quality control and/or auditexperience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- In-depth knowledge of mortgage underwriting guidelines or demonstrated mastery of an equally complex regulatory framework.
- Capable of navigating multiple lending and audit platforms.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Works with integrity, making sure to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Exhibits strong attention to detail, project planning, and multi-tasking skills.