The Mortgage Product Manager is responsible for participating in the successful development, execution and analysis of product-related strategies, initiatives and planning. This role will analyze industry trends, evaluate competitive positioning and utilize data analytics to help create strategies to increase market share.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU Competencies, compliance, regulatory and information protection requirements.
- Evaluate the product plan and design in conjunction with the product strategy manager to execute new products and enhancements to existing products.
- Develop product requirements and participate in developing project timelines and budgets.
- Research and prepare analysis to be used to evaluate the effectiveness of new and existing products, programs and projects, including ongoing product-related performance, updates, changes and compliance requirements.
- Provide ad hoc modeling and financial data, including market sizing, economic analysis, statistical analysis, and competitive research to support various projects, product/service recommendations and strategic initiatives.
- Participate in the execution of product related projects, campaigns and initiatives.
- Maintain an understanding of economic, regulatory and competitive developments as they affect products/lines of business.
- Effectively manage and maintain product-related vendor relationships.
- Participate in the preparation and coordination of the annual loan product planning process.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the Credit Union loan policy and state/federal regulations regarding deposit and lending, BECU’s Consumer Lending loan decision tables and loan decision path to ensure proper information is included on promotional material and on new products for automatic decisions.
- Ensure that written procedures are documented for all products.
- Represent the Credit Union, as required, in tradeevents and informational activities.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or related discipline, or equivalent work or educational experiencerequired. Advanced degreepreferred.
- Minimum 5 years of product development, marketing, product operations or analytics experience in a financial institution required.
- Minimum three years of project and/or product management experiencepreferred.
- Prior experience working in Mortgage Lending strongly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills to effectively communicate with management, staff and outside contacts.
- Excellent analytical, research and project management skills.
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Effective leadership and negotiation skills.
- Proficient verbal and written skills to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Full-time hours required, with additional hours as necessary.