Mortgage Loan System Analyst, Capital Markets
The Mortgage Loan System Analyst, Capital Markets reports to the Vice President, Capital Markets and is responsible for management and maintenance of the Benedict Group Incorporated (BGI) LOANS! For .NET system, the loan servicing software used to manage HDC’s mortgage loan portfolio.
- Performs a quality assurance review on a daily basis of all accounts receivable postings and accounts payable transactions.
- Identifies key system requirements to sustain existing data structures.
- Updates database information and develops new data hierarchies for additional data conversion.
- Troubleshoots and resolves system and/or processing issues.
- Coordinates with the software vendor (BGI) to document requirements for additional system enhancements.
- Partners with IT team to communicate the business needs of the various systems utilized by HDC departments.
- Maintains and revises the account mapping structure for the daily and monthly interfaces with the Cash Management system and the Accounting General Ledger.
- Reconciles discrepancies between cash transactions and accounting journal entries.
- Creates ad hoc reports and assists IT developers to design standardized management reports.
- Trains staff to use the loan servicing system.
- Helps create and implement HDC operations policies & procedures.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college in a related field such as Finance, Real Estate Finance and/or Business Administration.
- 5 years minimum of relevant real estate finance experience and/or mortgage operations; or, a satisfactory combination of experience/or education that is equivalent to the above.
- Thorough understanding of mortgage loans, terms and amortization.
- Proficiency in loan servicing software; experience working with BGI preferred and a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite specifically Excel experience performing Advanced level functions.
- High level of proficiency in mathematics, data analysis and financial modeling.
- Ability and experience managing projects and time-sensitive deadlines.
- Superior organizational, analytic, and problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to build relationships with staff, executives and external partners.
- Knowledge of accounting principles.
- Familiarity with relational databases.
- SQL experience a plus