Mortgage Loan Officer - Producing Branch Manager
Real-Time data availability: Each morning at 5 AM EST, All Branch Managers receive email notification showcasing their P & L , loans funded, and a general ledger for review. This is a function of the technology culture having real-time data available. In addition, the BM’s have access to log in to see the data as well.
Automate as many functions as possible in order to remove ‘human error’ from the equation.
100% paperless company - including loan docs, signatures, etc.
Company offers all products in ALL 50 states!
Branch Support is a dedicated team of tenured professionals at HQ
Each Branch gets ‘raw’ pricing. Branches dictate their own pricing, including the ability to add a processing fee to each loan, which of course is 100%, retained by the branch itself.
ENCOMPASS. We are one of only a handful of lenders in the entire industry that have this capability….the pricing engine is embedded on the front end and the production engine is embedded on the backend to give the LOS system the ability to give best price / best product without changing screens.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops successful business relationships with Realtors, Builders and other third parties resulting in the sale of applicable mortgage loan products to members and potential members based on their financial goals and needs.
- Works outside the office establishing business relationships with realtors, builders and other third parties to maintain community awareness of products and services. Once the relationship is established, contacts and meets regularly with realtors, builders and mortgage vendors to nurture and improve the relationship.
- Follows up on referrals from Realtors, builders and other third parties. Contacts members and prospective members to discuss mortgage products.
- Consistently meets or exceeds production and service quality goals to support sales effort. Develops and maintains awareness of all company products and services, recognizes referral opportunities and provides designated individuals with names of members to assist with future sales.
- Networks with various Associations and trade groups to continually build new relationship or improve upon existing relationships.
- Reviews member's total financial situation in order to consult the member regarding their options. Makes recommendations to the member regarding which products are best suited to assist them in meeting their overall goals.
- Collects supporting documentation and analyzes information regarding the member's income, assets, investments or debts.
- Advises the member/potential member regarding the advantages and disadvantages of different financial products and assists the member in determining which financial product best meets the member's needs and financial circumstances.
- Completes the mortgage loan application in-person, by telephone or electronically. Assures completeness and accuracy of the information required to submit the application to automated underwriting.
- Secures all required supporting documentation from members or financial institutions to meet and correspondent requirements. Resolves problems and organizes each final mortgage application file in preparation to send forward for processing.
- Responds promptly to member inquiries, calls or e-mail. May work with a regional team of other retail, business, sales and marketing staff in a collaborative effort to identify characteristics of the specific market area, develop and implement an overall short and long term plan for growth and product sales.
- Maintains established department and organization policies, procedures, objectives and quality standards to ensure consistent compliance with all applicable policies.
- Keeps current on all product lines by reading marketing copy, taking on-line courses and attending briefings.
- Consistently demonstrates Core Values
- 2 to 3 years of prior experience as a Mortgage Loan Officer in the area.
- Four-year business degree is preferred. Licensed Mortgage & SAFE License.
- 1 to 3 years prior experience as a Mortgage Loan Officer/ Broker or equivalent.
- Must demonstrate primary responsibility for a specific book of business.
Other Special Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of and compliance with all relevant laws and regulations pertaining to mortgage loans.
- Ability to deal with and applyexperience to specific mortgage related problems and situations.
- Ability to interpret and understand RESPA, FNMA, FHLMC, FHA VA findings and requirements and investor guidelines and regulations.
- Knowledge of Encompass and use of the functions of loan origination software and systems
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, while working with customers (internal and/or external, as appropriate) to ensure complete understanding and comprehension of the intent and content of the communication.
Licensed & SAFE Mortgage Lenders. Bilingual & Military Veterans are encouraged to apply. EEO.