The Mortgage Customer Experience Manager will manage customer complaints from receipt of complaint to completion through Synovus Complaint Management. The CFPB requires a compliance program to have an effective complaint management process. The position is responsible for reporting complaints to the Director Regulatory Risk - Mortgage and provides training to be delivered throughout different areas of Synovus Mortgage.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Researches to determine all information regarding the complaint. This includes interviewing applicable team members and management; researching loan files within Empower, Synergy, and Sagent. Logs each complaint in the Synovus Complaint Tracking database. All details of the complaint are necessary to ensure appropriate corrective action is accomplished. Formulates a response to have the complaint closed including drafting responses for official complaints (i.e., FRB, CFPB, etc.) to be reviewed by both Synovus Complaint Management and Synovus Legal.
- Responsible for contacting customers in regards to complaints (when applicable), in a professional and courteous manner. Ensures all issues are noted and retained in connection with the call.
- Provides monthly and quarterly reporting as well as trending analyses of all open and closed complaints to the Director Regulatory Risk - Mortgage. The reporting details area of the company, team member involved, market and complaint type. Reports complaints to the Synovus Mortgage Advisory Board as requested.
- Collaborates with department managers in order to develop in-depth training on a regular basis for different areas of the company based on complaints received. The goal of the training is to improve processes and the overall customer experience. Provides high level training on the Mortgage Quarterly Compliance calls with all team members. Recommends process improvements to managers to mitigate the risk of future complaints.
- Responsible for tracking and monitoring third-party complaints in the mortgage sub-servicer to service a certain amount of mortgage loans. Tracks and monitors third-party complaints and is responsible for providing monthly and quarterly reporting of all third-party complaints to the Director Regulatory Risk - Mortgage.
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
- Performs other related duties as required.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace.
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five+ years experience in a mortgage compliance or mortgage operational role. Experienced in making process improvements based on analysis of workflows.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Strong verbal and written skills including the ability to communicate effectively with consumers and upper management,
- Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint,
- Ability to navigate through various systems used by Synovus
- The ability to develop effective training documents to enhance processes and mitigate future complaints.