As a Mortgage Consultant at Union Bank you are responsible for originating residential real estate loans and growing market share. Are you well networked, having nurtured relationships with realtors, builders and developers? These will be your primary sources to generate Purchase loan production. Mortgage Consultants engage and participate in related business development activities that build business and earning potential. Focusing on our client's needs, finding solutions and recommending the best loan products is our dedication every single day. As a result of building solid partnerships with bank personnel, you drive productive loan origination activities and positively impact loan production in market. Does this describe you?
- Responsible for originating conventional residential real estate loans for the Bank.
- Participate in related business development activities.
- Mortgage Consultants maybe designated with the Bank branch and will be required to assist in the origination of conventional real estate loans for the supported branch.
- Solicit residential first mortgages through contacts with realtors, builders and developers.
- Make sales calls to assigned Community Banking branches.
- Provide service to customers and prospects seeking residential mortgage loans.
- Interview applicants to develop information concerning their needs, desires and earnings to assist in determining whether the loan will be an acceptable risk; obtain and analyze pertinent financial and credit data.
- Follow up current loans to ensure conformity with terms.
- Negotiate terms and conditions of loans with mortgagors.
- Keep abreast of trends and developments in the local real estate market, as well as the changing rules and regulations pertaining to private insured mortgages.
- Call on potential or existing customers as assigned to develop new business or retain existing business.
- Cross sell bank products.
- Answer inquiries regarding loan programs and rates.
- Provide sales and product training to Community Banking branches as needed.
- Develop and implement a marketing territory to educate the community regarding the Bank's CRA programs.
- Attend daily huddles; conduct weekly pipeline reviews.
- Provide coaching to Private Bankers.
- Work together on strategic plans to acquire new customers.
- Typically requires a high school diploma or G.E.D. and must have excellent sales and customer relations.
- Additional skills preferred in support of Private Banking:
- Ability to communicate with high net-worth individuals and their advisors.
- Ability to introduce Private Bank team members to self-sourced clients and assist in expanding/deepening relationships.
- Understand advanced tax analysis and intricacies of wealth.
- Superior understanding of UB guidelines and how to apply them in various situations.
- Be able to think outside the box and find unique solutions that may apply to high net-worth clients.