Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determines, coordinates and monitors branch and subordinate work procedures and activities, oversees loan processing procedures and progress, counsels subordinates on difficult loans and expedites loan closings to ensure timely and efficient branch operations.
- Directly supervises large volume of work and staff of assigned branch through leadership and guidance operating activities.
- Communicates information to subordinates and sales staff on current mortgage rates for available loan programs to assist the home buyer with financing needs.
- Reviews, analyzes and evaluates loan applications for appropriate loan programs and pre-approvals of financing for construction starts. Verifies documentation for accuracy, neatness and compliance with procedures and policies.
- Coordinates real estate loan closings with appropriate Company departments and representatives, home buyers and appropriate agencies.
- Prepares and reviews operational reports for appropriate Company representatives. Recommends budgets to management.
- Establishes and implements training procedures for financing, rates and new loan programs.
- Assist with special projects as requested and perform additional duties as required.
Minimum Education Experience:
Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent in specialized training from a two-year college or technical school combined with at least seven years of related education and/or experience; related supervisory experience; thorough knowledge of branch operations, loan processing and underwriting fundamentals.
Michigan License preferred, but not required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Persuasive attitude with outstanding leadership, negotiation and organizational skills; detail-oriented aptitude.
- Ability to interpret, analyze and evaluate given information relative to lender requirements and underwriting guidelines; customer-service oriented with ability to handle difficult situations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for high interaction with a variety of people inside and outside of the organization.
- Adaptability and flexibility to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with ability to coordinate several major activities simultaneously.
- Upon request of and on terms established by the Company, obtains and maintains all appropriate state or local licenses (e.g., contractor’s license, real estate salesperson and/or broker license, etc.) for the mutual benefit of the employee and the Company and for use by the Company in connection with the Company’s sales, homebuilding and lending activities.