We are looking for MongoDB DBA for our client in Orlando, FL
Job Title: MongoDB DBA
Job Location: Orlando, FL
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
- Develops effective information technology solutions for client by creating new, or enhancing existing internal or customer applications or for the enterprise server hosting infrastructure.
- Advises engineering teams on solutions to new or complex problems as a recognized technical leader.
- Provides consultative services to associates within the enterprise explaining complex cross-discipline and/or cross-technology concepts and processes.
- Balances long and short-term goals when designing and implementing solutions with architectural responsibilities across multiple projects and products.
- Demonstrates resolution and design abilities relating to complex technology and/or business challenges.
- Reviews migration planning of large, complex deploys.
- Leads significant efforts of a large system implementation, conversion or project; provides leadership across multiple efforts simultaneously.
- Implements process changes within the project team as part of continuous team improvement.
- Interacts regularly with functional teams including (but not limited to) Marketing, Product, Customer Support, and Quality to gather and disseminate information regarding product builds and progress.
- Introduces new technologies, methodologies, and processes to client; keeps informed on new technologies and establishes justification for applicable uses within client.
- Presents technologies and analysis to management to determine purchase and usage.
- Leads the organization with research initiatives to improve extensibility, flexibility, and performance of client's systems and applications.
- Provides consulting and advisory services to internal enterprise users of the platform.
- Leads or advises project teams that design, engineer, and rollout operational readiness of new products, capabilities, and features.
- Provides representation for large scale enterprise initiatives that seek to deploy key applications or platforms within the company.
- Performs code development, product design, and programming activities requiring business, functional and systems research and analysis.
- Designs, implements, and/or maintains products and solutions.
- Influences code standards, review processes, and design patterns.
- Drives architectural standards, processes, and activities. Promotes the use of architectural patterns and design patterns.
- Assists managers as a key advisor to meeting SLAs for applications and high impact production issues.
Mandatory MongoDB Professional Skills:
- 4+ year's experience in MongoDB.
- Extensive experience in other RDBM technology.
- Advance Knowledge of Unix/Linux along with windows Server.
- Skilled in backups & disaster recovery.
- 24×7 production supportexperience.
- Experience in performing Mongo DBA operational routines.
- MMS configuration experience.
- MongoDB Schema Design using DB Ref, Manual Ref, Embedded Data Model Design.
- Configuring and monitoring replica sets and control the member behaviors.
- Configuring Sharing, replication and clustering.
- Sharing Key Benchmarking, Selection and Implementation.
- Monitoring and identify the proper shard key
- Optimizing database/query performance
- Selection, inserting large amounts of data
- Performing Security measures, backups and restore backups
- User Management – creating users, assigning roles, managing permissions
- Suitable Index Key Selection and implementation.
- Good performance tuning skills
- Root cause analysis and troubleshooting of production issues and Performance Tuning.
- Ability to proactively identify, troubleshoot and resolve live database systems issues.
- Knowledge of disaster recovery principles and practices, including planning, testing, backup/restore
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-sensitive environment
Experience in the following areas is a plus:
- Worked with over 5 TB MongoDB installation
- UNIX and LINUX scripting
- MongoDB certification from Mongo University is plus.
- Development experience.
- In depth knowledge of SANs.
- Other RDMS platforms