We are looking for Mongo DBA for our client in Atlanta, GA / Bothell, WA
Job Title: Mongo DBA
Job Location: Atlanta, GA / Bothell, WA
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
“US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.”
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- We are looking for a Senior Mongo Database Administrator with multiple DBMS skills to run next generation DB hosting platform.
- Deploy and maintain MongoDB databases/DB projects
- Maintain detailed documentation of database Design/Architecture and setup.
- Develop standard operation Procedure (SOP) document for maintenance and troubleshooting of the MongoDb environment.
- Provide training to members of the Database team on MongoDB.
- In-depth understanding of MongoDB HA strategies, including replica sets and sharding
- Design & implement sharding and indexing strategies for MongoDB
- Implement and maintain MMS (MongoDB Management Services)
- Administer MongoDB to achieve 100% availability
- Helping customers with difficult performance and data modeling problems
- Experience with MongoDB scaling across data centers
- Experience in managing oracle and/or SQL Server databases.
- Perform vulnerability and patch upgrades
- Establish and maintain backup and recovery processes
- Establish databasesecurity procedures.
- Monitor and tune performance of MongoDB Databases.
- Evidence collection in support of audit deliverables
- Produce internal artifacts related to MongoDB deployment best practices (in docs/PDF)
- At least 6 years’ experience with multiple DB environments including SQL Server and/or Oracle
- Understanding of Big Dataarchitecture like Hadoop and integration with NoSQL datastores, APS/PDW.
- Strong experience with MongoDB.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with MongoDB scaling across data centers and/or in-depth understanding of MongoDB HA strategies, including replica sets and sharding.
- In depth experience with MongoDB, replicasets, shards, and distributed databases.
- Strong background in replication technologies is desirable. Knowledge of additional DBMS’s such as Oracle/SQL Server is a plus.
- Knowledge of other NoSQL Databases like CouchDB, Cassandra, Dynamo is desirable.
- Must have a strong problem research and resolution skills. Must have performance monitoring and tuning background.
- Must have worked in a large, complex OLTP/OLAP Database environment.
- Highly self-motivated with the desire to embrace new databasetechnologies and be able to work independently and within a team in a high demand and dynamic environment
- Be available for on-call rotation