MSLs are responsible for communicating the value of Caris Molecular Intelligence (CMI) to external clients, such as physicians, scientists and other interested parties. This communication primarily involves face-to-face discussions with customers, including Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) in the field of oncology. These customer presentations will involve frequent travel throughout an assigned region (approximately 80% travel). The individual will gather, evaluate published literature and attend relevant conferences to ensure that Caris has the most up-to-date information regarding drug/biomarker associations. This information will also be utilized to further enhance the knowledge base of the targeted customer base within an assigned region.
- Act as a conduit of information/feedback between the medical community and Caris Life Sciences regarding current products and the needs of the medical community to enhance patient care, new research developments, clinical trial activities and therapeutic approaches.
- Present clinical data and educational materials to physician sites and/or conferences within an assigned region or nationally, as required by Sales and Marketing.
- Promote CMI to physician sites across the [Northeast/Southeast/Western/Central] United States, as required by Sales and Marketing.
- Read and understand the scientific and technical literature in order to maintain knowledge of the therapeutic oncology field for customer engagement.
- Assists with other related duties and special projects as required by sales and marketing.
- Assist in field training contracted speakers as part of the Caris Speaker’s Bureau.
- Function as a field trainer of assigned region to provide an extension of our Director of Training.
- Regional speaking engagements (Roundtables, Grand Rounds, Tumor Boards, etc.) with physicians to broaden CMI understanding clinically.
- Attend select regional tradeshows, national tradeshows and participate in sales meetings to present relevant data necessary to promote CMI and educate clients in the marketplace.
- Commercial input/review of marketing material to reflect current molecular landscape.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Ability to think creatively and initiate new ideas or solutions to business issues.
- Independence of thought and sound judgment relating to business needs.
- Demonstrated commitment, self-motivation, and drive.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills
- Self-starter, ability to work in a fast-past, competing deadline driven environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Internet for business use.
- Drive for Results (Service, Quality, and Continuous Improvement) – Ensure procedures and processes are in place that lead to delivery of quality results and continually reassess their effectiveness to achieve continuous improvement.
- Communication – Proficient verbal and written communication skills. Willingness to share and receive information and ideas from all levels of the organization in order to achieve the desired results.
- Teamwork – Commitment to the successful achievement of team and organizational goals through a desire to participate with and help other members of the team.
- Customer Service Focus – Demonstrate a focus on listening to and understanding client/customer needs and then satisfying the client/customer by exceeding service and quality expectations.
Education, Certification/Licensure, and/or Experience
- M.D. or Ph.D. in a biological science related to pharmacology, cancer biology, or molecular and cellular biology or equivalent training and experience required.
- Prior experience in a commercial atmosphere such as Pharmaceuticals or Commercial Lab space a plus.