At Sunquest Information Systems Inc., we use industry knowledge and focus to develop solutions and services that meet the changing needs of our customers and the marketplace. We combine this vision with the dream to make our company a phenomenal place to work. From our smart casual dress policy to our flexible work schedules, Sunquest promotes a balance of life for all of our employees. We place emphasis on training plans for new and current staff, encourage promotion from within, and promote work on special projects and involvement with multi-functional teams. These activities foster a culture of professional growth and development for our employees to achieve their professional goals and reach their full potential.
This position will contribute to the overall success of a specific product line and associated services. Oversees the identification of opportunities as a domain expert on product functionality and workflow. Directs the implementation of the following in accordance with defined corporate business strategy for one or more products: requirements definition, positioning, pricing and promotion of the product. To achieve success, the position will manage the development of strategies and product direction, manage business development and technology relationships with external vendors, as well as, foster strong relationships with internal and external customers.
- Shape and drive the growth of an exciting new product line in our molecular diagnostic product portfolio.
- Definition of product planning and opportunities, which will fulfill development of product strategy. Deliverables for product planning include roadmap, upstream marketing, strategic plan, program plan and other deliverables as identified by product management.
- Implementation of the corporate business strategy with accountability for product profitability. This includes utilizing knowledge of market share, competitive analyses and win-loss information to create the following for the product positioning, pricing, demonstrated ROI and promotion.
- Assist in analyzing and recommending potential strategic partners and assembling complementary products and services
- Establish and nurture successful relationships with third party hardware and software vendors as required to make the product successful. .
- Assist Marketing in helping them understand key product messaging and work with them to effectively message to our audience
- Participate and drive client interaction to ensure client satisfaction and gather product and market intelligence
- Accountable that the Sales team has the training, information and collaterals to sell the product.
- In conjunction with Marketing Communications, accountable for successful launch of product/service into the marketplace.
- Accountable for relationships and product value that results in positive client satisfaction ratings.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Product management experience in the diagnostic, health IT, biotech or related experience
- Domain expertise in molecular diagnostics laboratory testing and workflows
- Customer oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to influence others and work collaboratively in order to produce results across multiple functional teams.
- Must also possess the ability to manage, prioritize, and execute on multiple, critical projects simultaneously and drive high priority activities without losing sight of the overall product strategy.
- Bachelor's Degree in Life Science or Equivalent, with at least 3 years of experience with HCIT, molecular products, , technologies, market trends, competition and client requirements.
- Minimum 3 years Product Management experience
- Experienced with successfully executing defined product business plans that have enhanced market share and revenue.
- Strong understanding of product marketing processes.
- 5+ years Molecular diagnostics or molecular technology experience highly desired
Work is performed in a normal office setting with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards; substantial time is spent working on a computer. Extensive travel.
Sunquest's policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Applicants for U.S. based positions with Sunquest Information Systems must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.