Laboratory Corporation of America (LabCorp) has an immediate opening for a Molecular Oncology Director at the Center for Molecular Biology and Pathology (CMBP) located in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina (Raleigh/Durham area). The Center for Molecular Biology and Pathology is a state-of --the-art facility providing testing in the areas of molecular genetics, genomics, cytogenetics, biochemical genetics, molecular oncology, flow cytometry and immunohistochemistry. The molecular oncology laboratory is a high throughput facility that provides clinical testing for healthcare providers and pharma/clinical trials. The directors oversee a diverse menu of tests and use a broad array of technologies, including next generation sequencing.
The Molecular Oncology Director will play a critical function in multiple aspects of clinical molecular testing, including assay development, validation, test optimization, quality control, troubleshooting, and clinical case sign out.
- Design, optimize, and troubleshoot molecular assays in collaboration with R&D
- Maintain strong working relationships with R&D
- Participate in oversight for quality control and quality assurance for existing and new tests, including proficiency testing
- Maintain familiarity with company SOPs, practices, and applicable professional, federal, state, and local regulations, and assure that the laboratory is in compliance
- Sign out laboratory test results for tests performed in Molecular Oncology.
- PhD and/or MD
- ABMG board certified in Molecular Genetics or have active candidate status.
- ABP board certification or eligibility in Molecular Genetic Pathology for MD applicants
- Excellent technical and communication skills
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements for molecular diagnostic laboratory developed tests
- Hands-on experience with real-time PCR, next generation sequencing and laboratory automation/liquid handling solutions is desirable
- Strong background in experimental design, assay optimization, data analysis.
- Experience working in a high complexity CLIA/CAP environment
Requisition Number 17-83992