Molecular Geneticist - ABMG Certified Return to Job OpportunitiesLevelSeniorJob LocationPhoenix - CC16 - Phoenix, AZPosition TypeUndisclosedEducation LevelGraduate DegreeSalary RangeUndisclosedTravel PercentageUndisclosedJob ShiftUndisclosedJob CategoryBiotech
Molecular Geneticist – ABMG Certified
This position is directly responsible for developing and using genetics and molecular biology techniques to identify potentially targetable alterations in the tumors, and in addition to examine inherited conditions such as cancer predisposition syndromes, and other heritable conditions (e.g. drug metabolizers). The candidate will join a team of molecular scientists and directors in our oncology-focused molecular genetics laboratory in Phoenix, Arizona. The laboratory is clinical a state-of-the-art, high throughput molecular genetics testing facility that interacts closely withpathology and oncology services, and serves a large clinical users base (over 6000 different referral physicians, mostly oncologists mainly in the US but also throughout the world).
- Evaluating genomic profiles of tumor specimens (NGS based).
- Overseeing and developing assays, from RNA and DNA including: sequencing (NGS, pyrosequencing, Sanger), DNA fragment analysis;.
- Writing supplements to the standard reports for clinicians, and advising them on investigation strategies, as needed.
- Interpreting the results of routine and esoteric molecular tests carried out by molecular technologists.
- Developing and devising new testing strategies, primarily in oncology, but other fields as needed.
- Working closely with the IT department in maintaining and continuously improving the clinical database of genomic information (in-house and publicly/privately available).
- Oversees CLIA/CAP/ASCO-level validation of new molecular assays.
- Training and teaching staff, colleagues and other health care professionals.
- Supervising the work of molecular technologists and junior staff.
- Maintaining and interpreting quality control and quality assurance data.
- Continually updating professional skills and knowledge by following most recent scientific literature and attending training courses and conferences and participating in publication and research activities of the Company.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- The successful individual must have strong problem solving skills and ability to work in the group to analyze complex data.
- Must have a broad understanding of Molecular genetics and the latest research developments in Genomics as it pertains to oncology and related tools and techniques.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
1. Requires a PhD in Genetics or a related field.
2. AMBG certification or Active Candidate Status in Clinical Molecular Genetics.
3. Experience in laboratory operations and management is preferred, but not necessary.