Description: Quidel Corporation is a leading manufacturer of diagnostic healthcare solutions serving to enhance the health and well-being of people around the globe with well-known and respected products that provide healthcare professionals with accurate and cost-effective diagnostic information at the point of care (POC). Our core competencies and capabilities focus on immunoassay and molecular testing in the areas of: infectious disease, women’s health, and virology.
SUMMARY OF POSITION: Primary responsibilities are to develop, maintain, and expand molecular opportunities in key targeted accounts in varying markets and channels of distribution, and to manage and leverage these opportunities in order to drive continuous growth and profitability for Quidel Corporation. Identifies, engages, and influences Key Opinion Leaders and laboratory heads at high complexity molecular labs with an emphasis on driving sales of FDA Cleared molecular products, and establishing evaluations of pre-FDA cleared molecular products, and the sale of RUO and IUO molecular products. Identifies and engages Key Opinion Leaders through their scientific studies as an avenue to expand associated business opportunities for Quidel’s molecular program. Performs GAP analysis, competitive market assessments and reviews along with voice of customer research.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Account Management
- Achieves or exceeds sales goals for Quidel Molecular products.
- Establishes positive working relationships with decision makers at the highest relevant level within Integrated Delivery Networks, (IDNs) and affiliated accounts with objectives to provide solutions that drive adoption of Quidel Molecular testing, and coordinate implementation through regional sales teams.
- Develops and coordinates the sales strategy for Quidel Molecular which includes utilization of Quidel’s portfolio of molecular products.
- Negotiates and implements Finance-approved long and short-term contracts and provides quarterly updates on the status of those contracts.
- Conducts periodic business reviews and implements business plans that facilitate corporate Molecular goals and objectives.
- Coordinates participation and attendance at important industry and account functions including conventions, professional associations, and product fairs.
- Coordinates with regional teams to drive the adoption rate of Quidel’s Molecular products.
- Cultivates relationships and Influences Key Opinion Leaders and Laboratory Heads at high complexity molecular labs with a focus on establishing evaluations for pre-FDA cleared molecular products, and the sale of RUO and IUO molecular products.
- Supports the training of end users, primarily on high value or newly introduced products, to gather laboratory feedback. Provides assistance with national accounts, reference and other high value labs as requested
- Identifies and develops relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs)
- Travels with field team members where appropriate to engage KOLs directly and support field sales efforts
- Manage expense budget within corporate guidelines.
- Develop and implement expense plans for key acute care accounts.
- Track and measure financial results and provide reporting to Quidel’s key management.
- Proactively communicates to Quidel management and Account managers to provide feedback on current molecular market conditions.
- Provides continuous feedback on market events, market trends or changes that effect Quidel molecular business development
- Carries out duties in compliance with established business policies and adheres to Quidel’s safety and quality values.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent experience / MBA preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years successful sales experience, preferably in the medical device/ diagnostic market, or in a clinical or technical role. Additional 2 years sales management/marketing experiencepreferred.
- Understanding of the IVD industry and/or consumer medical products is preferred but knowledge of a scientific setting (medical devices, pharmaceuticals, etc.) is a required minimum.
- Exemplary experience in identifying and building KOL relationships.
- Outstanding sales, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Computer proficiency in Word and Excel (PowerPoint preferred).
- Outstanding written and verbal skills.
- Ability to think strategically and bring a high level of creativity to the organization.
- Proven success in negotiating contracts.
- Personal ethics and integrity that embodies best practices and supports highest corporate values.
- Works on problems of moderate and occasionally diverse scope where analysis of data requires a review of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within minimally defined practices and policies in selected methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Requires minimal supervision.
- Assess industry/market situations and recommend appropriate response designed to maximize Quidel’s corporate molecular goals.
- Determines magnitude, severity and priority of external sales team issues and concerns and brings them to the attention of the correct individual at Quidel. Troubleshoot and solve immediately whenever possible.
Before you apply, please make sure you share Quidel’s values. We pride ourselves on keeping these values in mind every day as we execute on goals and plan for the future. We are seeking employees who share the same mindset and commitment to be customer driven, focused on execution, and new product oriented. We succeed by being determined, optimistic team players. Quidel is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans). We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.