At GenMark, we’re changing the diagnostics landscape, combining out-of-the-box thinkers and game-changing technology to revolutionize patient care. Our work atmosphere is dynamic, fast-paced, and patient-focused. We encourage teamwork, while reinforcing the importance of individuality, and encouraging an entrepreneurial spirit.
GenMark is a leading provider of automated, multiplex molecular diagnostic testing systems. Utilizing GenMark's proprietary eSensor detection technology, GenMark's XT-8 and ePlex sample-to-answer systems are designed to support a broad range of molecular diagnostic tests with a compact, easy-to-use workstation and self-contained, disposable test cartridges.
GenMark is not just a job – it’s a way of life. We also provide opportunities to volunteer in the community, participate in sports leagues, and enjoy company social events.
The GenMark Opportunity
GenMark’s culture is at the core of what we do, fostering an environment that embraces teamwork, accountability, individuality, and entrepreneurial spirit. We are committed to empowering our people to grow and carve exciting career paths, while having access to a broad and exciting array of experiences.
We are rapidly expanding and searching for proven sales performers who want to join us on the journey to improve patient care, and also help us grow our leadership position in a very dynamic marketplace.
*This is a remote position covering our North Carolina & South Carolina territory
The Molecular Account Executive (MAE)
The Molecular Account Executive is directly responsible for achieving territory sales goals by maintaining existing customer relationships and creating new opportunities that result in the sale of instruments and reagents. Critical factors to success include:
- Meet and exceed assigned instrument and consumable sales goals/quotas on a quarterly and annual basis within territory
- Use of interpersonal skills and a strategic approach to establish and maintain relationships that result in customer acquisition, satisfaction, and retention
- Interface with other members of the sales, service, and marketing teams to develop and execute customer strategies and tactics.
- Conduct necessary/business analysis and planning
- Prepare reports, business plans, and expense reports in a timely and accurate fashion
- Communicate competitive and market information internally throughout the organization
- Participate in classroom based or on-line training classes to keep up with the latest product development and regulatory materials
- Respond to customer inquiries and resolve issues with a sense of urgency and in a timely manner
- Attend state, regional and national trade shows as appropriate
MAE Background Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree, plus a minimum of 3+ years successfully selling capital instrumentation and consumables into hospital and regional reference labs; microbiology and molecular salesexperiencepreferred
- Proven track record of success, demonstrating high achievements amongst peers; continuous growth of territory
- Demonstrated proficiency in achieving annual quota targets and in predicting/forecasting revenue
- Expert knowledge and application of strategic, as well as tactical selling principles in a complex sales environment.
- Strong aptitude for scientific learning Proficiency with MS Office and Salesforce.com or other CRM applications
- Advanced communication skills, both verbally and written with the ability to create impactful presentations
- Negotiation, contracting and problem solving skills
- Proven relationship building skills with demonstrated experience in new territory development and/or competitive acquisitions
- Miller Heiman Sales Process or other similar strategic sales methodologies highly desired
- Extensive travelrequired