Molding Tooling Process Specialist
5 - 7 years experience • Medical Devices & Diagnostics
Molding Tooling Process Specialist
Medical Devise Industry
Location near Norfolk, NE
Industry: Manufacturing & Production
Full-time Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available – Yes
Interview Travel Reimbursed - Yes
This position is responsible for supporting the molding operation. This individual will develop and implement improved methods of molding, procedures, and processes that result in improved efficiencies, yields, mold operations, and quality.
Provide technical support to molding operations and support trouble-shooting with existing molds or continuous improvement efforts. Comply with all local quality policies, procedures and practices through consistent application of sound quality assurance principles.
• Provides technical support to the Mold Builders, Process Engineers, and Mold Makers for the implementation of new molds, designs and products.
• Supports the designs and provides input in the fabrication of injection molds.
• Provides engineeringsupport to the site molding operations to achieve production volumes at the highest quality, safety and lowest cost.
• Appliesengineering principles and practices specifically related to the design, fabrication and operation of injection molds.
• Cost estimating, quote approvals, vendor relations, R&D research, tooling design and changes, mold improvements.
• Application of Scientific and Engineering principles to drive improvements in tooling, production, processing and continuous improvement projects.
• Teams with Mold Repair on tooling improvements and repair practices that will continually improve production efficiency.
• Highly engaged in troubleshooting issues in the mold shop, production floor, and mold vendors.
• Lead tooling improvement projects through the use of Moldtrax, SAP, Blitz’s and Engineeringsupport.
• Project Planning and Execution – Prepares and implements project or improvement plans.
• Preventive Maintenance Planning and Coordination – Responsible for reviewing all PM plans and tasks within assigned area to ensure effective completion of maintenance according to PM schedule.
• Technical Writing / Documentation – Must possess excellent technical writing ability.
• Manufacturing Support – Provides technical guidance as needed to manufacturing and hourly technical personnel during the startup of new or changed products/molds and processes.
• Capital Request / Capital Management – Prepares a plan for procurement of capital equipment including obtaining of quotes, vendor investigation, budgeting, and scheduling. Prepares specifications, place orders, coordinate procurement, install equipment, debug and coordinate the startup of new or modified molds from outside firms.
• Design – Coordinate design activity with outside vendors or internal departments as necessary.
• Validation efforts - Manage the validation process with new tools by solving any issues that arise related to quality or cost of the molding tool.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
• Five yrs. experience in the mold tooling and mold process environment. Required
• Associates degree Machine Tool and Design. Required
• Bachelor's degree in EngineeringPreferred:
• Willingness to Travel – Occasionally
Ajulia Executive Search is a search firm specializing in Manufacturing, Finance, IT, Legal and Pharmaceutical positions. This is a confidential search for one of our preferred clients. It is a direct hire position that includes competitive compensation and full comprehensive benefit package.