We have partnered with a large Mining and Metals company in the East Hanover, NJ area to provide them with a Molding Plant Manager.
Oversee and be responsible for the entire Molding operation through supervision, coordination, coaching/training and providing leadership to the assigned staff. To be a solid Leader within the Operations Team that focuses on producing parts that meet all Customer specifications at or below standard cost and in a clean and safe environment which supports the Company's mission statement and vision.
- Monitor and direct priorities for molding, mold maintenance, automation, auxiliary equipment, machine maintenance and labor. Responsible for shift-to-shift communication to ensure all Customer requirements and departmental goals are met. Lead all departmental meetings.
- Set up and implement a plan to continually develop and evaluate direct reports that promotes a continuous improvement and ?zero defect? philosophy. By continually working to develop and grow all direct reports it will strengthen the Company's competitiveness and long-term stability and allow the department to keep pace as Company sales grow.
- Review all departmental documentation and create new or make recommendations for improvements. Coach/train personnel on all new or updated processes and procedures. (ECO?s, press packets, ISO/QS/TS, SPI?s, Customer specifications, etc.)
- Coordinate with Planning and Customer Service personnel to ensure all internal and external Customer requirements are met.
- Monitor and control operation hours, labor hours, finished goods inventory levels and operating supplies to make sure all are meeting standards. Approval of departmental purchase requisitions.
- Review and approve all completed Manufacturing Orders (MO?s) prior to closing. Make recommendations to address positive and/or negative standard variances.
- Disposition of all departmental DPD?s and DPA?s. Participate on the team or be a leader of all departmental 8D?s.
- Participate as a member of the New Program Development/Quoting and APQP Teams.
- Develop departmental annual budget and be responsible for meeting corporate financial goals.
- Participate in ISO/QS/TS and Customer internal and external audits.
- BS degree in an Engineering or Plastics related discipline.
- 10 years minimum experience in a medium/high volume plastics manufacturing environment.
- Must possess good supervision, leadership and coaching/training skills.
- Must possess good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be a driven self-starter that works with little supervision.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Must be a Team player and have the ability to interact effectively with all departments within the Company.
- Must have good Windows-based PC skills (Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, etc).
- ISO/QS/TS knowledge is preferred.
About Relevante, Inc. ? the Recruiting Firm Representing the Client for this Job
Relevante is an accounting & technology direct hire recruiting and contractstaffing firm. We help our Clients identify and recruit the best talent in the market and help our candidates win engaging and enriching jobs. Our Clients are some of the best companies to work for among F1000 and emerging fast growth companies in the region. Relevante has been consistently ranked as a fast growth company and one of the largest recruiting, accounting, and management consulting firms in the Philadelphia region.