The Americas Polyolefin Customer Development Engineer, as part of EMCC’s Global Polymers Technology, works as part of a team to provide direct customer support in the forms of customer material and part trials, operations problem solving, technical data generation and collection, customer presentations, and product / application development. The position is at the Baytown Technology and Engineering Complex in Baytown, TX and reports to the Americas Polyolefin Molding & Extrusion Customer Development Supervisor.
Job Role Responsibilities
- Provide technical support to ExxonMobil’s customers converting polyolefin resins into molded and extruded finished products.
- Utilize technical expertise and knowledge of ExxonMobil products to identify new opportunities for resin sales.
- Support and lead new product and application development projects through latter stages of commercialization and help establish and validate the value proposition.
- Provide knowledge of product and performance requirements in support of manufacturing efficiency and quality projects.
- Provide technical training to customers and ExxonMobil sales and manufacturing personnel.
Expected Level of Proficiency
- Fluent in Technical Spanish and English
- A minimum of 15years of experience in plastic molding and extrusion fabrication processes, e.g., injection molding and/or over molding and/or thermoforming
- Minimum BS in Polymer Science, Materials Science and Engineering, Chemistry or Chemical Engineering or equivalent specialization
- Willingness to travel ~35% of the time, primarily in Mexico and Central America
- Demonstrated organizational skills complimented by a sense of ownership, initiative and adaptability
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop effective relationships and help our customers succeed
Preferred Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Experience in process troubleshooting as well as product and analytical test methods.
- Experience in polyolefin molding and extrusion fabrication processes, e.g., blow molding and/or compounding and/or sheet and profile extrusion.