Req. ID: 119087
As a Test Probe Central Engineering - Test Engineer at Micron Technology, Inc., you will be responsible for developing, debugging and maintaining test programs that enable the testing of advanced semiconductor memory devices. Your focus may be in a single area out of all (Probe, Burn-in, Final Test, Module Test) areas. You will be responsible for 1st silicon through High-Volume Manufacturing (HVM).
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Create Test Plans for Products for the Module Test Area
- Define requirements for Test Plans including, but not limited to hardware requirements, defect coverage, process flow, and test times.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the device/part as it applies to device/part testing.
- Develop Test Programs for products in the given area.
- Debug device issues and provide feedback to business partners.
- Develop experiments with business partners to improve yield and overall part performance
- Evaluate and review Design for Test (DFT)
- Performs Cost Analysis in a timely manner
- Demonstrate good understanding and application of department processes, tools and systems
- Deliver the Highest Quality Product to Our Customers
- Ensure all test programs, scripts, and any other software adhere to the release quality standards.
- Support customer and internal audits.
- Standardize methods and processes across areas, departments, and sites as appropriate
- Generate supporting data
- Communicate effectively with both internal and external customers
- Implement Solutions to Issues Related to Module Test processes in a Timely Manner
- Investigate and identify root cause of equipment and process parameter shifts
- Monitor/Evaluate equipment usage to keep production costs low
- Report timely feedback and propose solutions to any problems on the production floor
- Support process excursion activities including identification, containment, notification, and implementation of corrective actions
- Drive Innovation to Meet Market Demand and Gain Competitive Advantage
- Drive new Design for Test (DFT) strategies
- Develop new test methodology
- Drive suppliers to develop and deliver solutions that provide process improvement or new capability.
- Identify patentable inventions, make timely disclosures of patentable inventions, and keep proper records of intellectual property.
- Participate with intra-departmental (and multi-site) teams in development of new processes and capabilities to support product roadmap
- Participate with intra-departmental (and multi-site) teams to drive, develop, and implement improvements in equipment or processes that reduce cost
- Drive process change in other departments (where applicable) to reduce test tooling, processing costs, part functionality and complexity
- Demonstrate Behaviors of Focus on Productivity
- Prioritize tasks and projects based on site and corporate objectives
- Manage time effectively
- Demonstrate ability to complete tasks in an organized manner
- Demonstrate ability to leverage on existing resources
- Serve as a Liaison and Coach
- Actively share and/or present technical information to a wide variety of audiences, including formal presentations (when necessary) to area, department, site, or larger industry groups
- Upload and share the documentation on part, program, and process related issues posted on the sharepoint
- Engage in the development and training of new engineers in the area
- Comply to EHSS (Environmental, Health, Safety, Security) Standards
- Observe all established EHSS policies, requirements and procedures
- Follow EHSS guidelines included in work instructions
- Report conditions or behaviors that are contrary to EHSS policies or procedures
- Cooperate and support with all audits
- Required: Bachelors Degree
- Engineering – Electrical
- Engineering – Electronics
- Computer Engineering
- Semiconductor Manufacturing
- Test Engineering
- Good programming skills
- Device physics knowledge
- Automated test equipment knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of Uniz/Perl/C/Tester Language
- Inclined in writing and debugging test programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
Keywords: Boise || Idaho (US-ID) || United States (US) || Backend Manufacturing || Experienced || Regular || Engineering || #LI-MW1 ||
Nearest Major Market: Boise
Nearest Secondary Market: Meridian
Job Segment: Semiconductor, Manufacturing Engineer, Electronics Engineer, Engineer, Electrical, Science, Engineering