Req ID #: 35789
We are seeking an experienced Modern Data Architect for our Information Technology group located in Wilmington, MA.
We are looking for a Modern Data Architect with practical, hands-on knowledge of modern data architectures and tools such as data warehousing, ETL/ELT, analytics, hadoop/spark and the Azure/AWS cloud platforms. You should be driven to provide quality solutions to challenging problems. You will work closely with our business partners, strategic leaders and our Data & Analytics team to design, build and implement next-generation solutions in advanced analytics, Big Data, BI and the cloud. You will also be part of our Innovation team and will use data and advanced analytics to drive innovation in Life Sciences for Charles River.
The following are minimum requirements related to the Modern Data Architect position.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum of 8-10 years of industry experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience with Modern Data technologies with full end to end implementation experience
- Significant current architectural experience in modern data architectures and advanced analytics platforms
- Breadth of knowledge across Microsoft Azure Data and Analytics services, products & solutions
- Expertise with other IoT, Data and Analytics products and solutions outside of the Microsoft Azure platform is also desirable
- Strong expertise with SQL and one or more of the following: Java, Scala, or Python
- Ability to integrate and orchestrate various architectures approaches (PaaS, SaaS) with IaaS and open source components
- Expertise in systems administration of data platform components including installation, upgrades and security
- Expertise in DW/ETL/BI solutions and implementations
- Experience with data science platforms, Apache Spark and graph databases
- Understanding of various data storage concepts (in-memory, NoSQL, columnar, etc.)
- Specialized skills in data visualization or advanced analytics
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills including both written and verbal skills; experience speaking at conferences, meetups or other technical events
- Experience working under agile delivery methodology, SDLC, DevOps, CICD