JHU APL is seeking an Engineer to work closely with Government sponsors to develop system models and simulations for sponsor solutions, work with stake holders to define system end-to end models for evaluation of system capabilities and assist sponsors to ensure user needs are met.
As the Modeling and Simulation Lead Engineer, you will...
- Define/develop system models, define tests that anchor models, execute test objectives through directing a team of third party resources, compare results against system performance and resolve differences improving model results.
- Assist the Business Area with growing Modeling and Simulation capabilities in the SMC mission space.
You meet our minimum qualifications if you have...
- A Master's degree in Physics, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, Computer Science, Computer or related field.
- ngineering or Aerospace Engineering or related discipline.
- 10+ years of experience
- Familiarity with some hardware or software elements which are part of systems models and designs.
- Ability to learn new skills, evaluate systems trades, and learn systems engineering tools.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills coupled with a fundamental understanding of systems engineering.
- The ability to grasp and apply systems, hardware and software engineering methodologies, principles, and concepts to solve systems related challenges.
- Demonstrated the ability to work in a dynamic environment that includes working with changing needs and requirements.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills, be able to work independently, work as a team player, work closely with sponsors and mentor.
- The ability and are willing to travel extensively - likely around 50% of time.
- Demonstrated outstanding written and oral communication skills and good organizational skills.
- Hold an active TS/SCI security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.