SAIC is currently looking for Modeling and Simulations (M&S) Lead to support the execution of systems engineering integration and test activities for the Remote Sensing (RS) Directorate at SMC, with responsibilities for the Air Force’s Overhead Persistent Infrared (OPIR) and Environmental Monitoring space and ground systems across the full development and operational lifecycle.
The M&S Lead needs the following functional skills:
- Concepts and Architecture Development
- Develop and apply analytical techniques and methodologies
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Lead and direct M&S activities within SAIC and subs and provide analysis and recommendations to the Air Force customer
- Plan and execute modeling and simulation systems development projects including payload modeling and coverage modeling.
- Design and develop simulation systems and modeling of simulation objects.
- Apply appropriate scientific and engineering processes and modeling techniques to the life- cycle development of systems;
- Perform analysis and trade-off studies related to operational issues,
- Review test plans to ensure MOEs address operational requirements using modeling and simulation tools and techniques;
- Review plans for system integration, operation, and maintenance and assisting in the development of training for operational personnel.
- Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
- Clearance Level To Obtain: TS/Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Demonstrated examples of applied Modeling and Simulations
- Contributed to development of new principles and concepts
- Ability to recommend/make decisions on project work matters and ensures effective achievement of program, project, or organizational objectives
- Plans and executes modeling and simulation systems development projects.
- Possesses and applies knowledge about simulation methods for analysis of complex human-machine systems and training.
- Designs and develops simulation systems and modeling of simulation objects. Duties may include performing analysis applying appropriate scientific and engineering processes and modeling techniques to the life-cycle development of systems; performing analysis and trade-off studies related to operational issues, and reviewing test plans to ensure MOEs address operational requirements using modeling and simulation tools and techniques; reviewing plans for system integration, operation, and maintenance and assisting in the development of training for operational personnel.
Education and Years of Experience:
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more of related experience; OR Masters and twelve (12) years or more of related experience; OR PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more of related experience.
- INCOSE Certification
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- Operations Research techniques
- Work proficiently on unusually complex technical problems and provide solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious
Desired Technical Specialties:
- Proficient with COTS orbital software packages to perform analysis
Desired Technology Experience:
- Space and Ground Systems
- OPIR Systems (preferred)
- Environmental Monitoring/Weather Systems