SunTrust Audit Services seeks a Model Risk Auditor to review and analyze complex quantitative models, draw appropriate conclusions, and make appropriate recommendations for resolution. Models include retail, wholesale, finance, marketing, credit, liquidity, and market risk.
The Model Risk Auditor will serve as model risk subject matter resource for the audit teams and for business function partners.
- Critically evaluate model development across different types of models, including the validation of underlying model construction, assumptions and data constraints, and provide assessments of the quality of the overall methodologies that are currently in use or under consideration.
- Independently conduct model development and validation testing on different types of complex models including credit, forecasting, finance, trading, and market risk models.
- Design additional tests that pose effective challenge to internal models and vendor models.
- Prepare advanced analytical reports for discussions with cross-functional teams to understand complex business objectives and influence solution strategies
- Use guidance provided by industry standards (i.e., Basel, Federal Reserve) and Bank policies and procedures to ensure quantitative methodologies used for models both for business as usual and stress testing purposes are consistent with best practices.
- Serve as a business-focused, value-added partner to the Bank’s business units with respect to model development and validation.
- Review and provide feedback to model stakeholders on proposed remediation to identified model weakness and limitations.Work with leadership to identify gaps between existing practices and regulatory requirements related to model development and governance and recommend remediation options.Participate in the continuing enhancement of the Bank’s Model Risk Management Framework, providing quantitative insight where needed.Communicate audit findings to senior management of model development, validation, and governance groups.
- Advanced degree in quantitative field such as Financial Engineering, Mathematics, Engineering, Finance, Economics, or other related field.
- At least 3 years of experience in model development, validation, or related experience.
- Experience programming in C/C++/C#, VisualBasic, MatLab, R, and SAS.
- Knowledge of stochastic calculus, numerical techniques, statistical analysis.
- Knowledge of Supervisory Guidance on Model Risk Management SR 11-7.
- Strong team player, constructive and considerate of others’ inputs with the ability to positively influence others, diplomatic skills, confident speaker even in difficult situations.
- Ability to multi-task and efficiently negotiate changing priorities and responsibilities.
- In-depth understanding of modeling techniques and potential impacts of related assumptions and limitations.
- Ability to learn and adapt fast in new area, and willingness to dig in to find answers to a problem.
- Prior experience in development or validation of models
- Prior experience in banking industry