Your roleSee More
Are you able to produce complex risk models? Do you have knowledge of AML/Rule Tuning/BLT/Binary Classifiers, ML/AI? We are looking for a Model Developer for Financial Crime Prevention to:
• strengthen and support US based model development and governance team end-to-end in all its activities and tasks during the model lifecycle:
• in particular by using quantitative methods in calibration and testing of rule based 3rd party vendor models. Vendor model validation experience highly desirable
• in addition, getting involved in AI based development programs to enhance / expand rule based models
• documenting models inline with UBS model governance policies and standards
• interacting with model risk management, IT and Financial Crime Prevention (FCP) business representatives
You'll be working in the Methods and Methodologies team based in NY, NJ, TN, and IL and play a vital role in ensuring our AML/Compliance models are fit for purpose from a SR 11-7 risk perspective. As a Quantitative Risk Specialist, you'll be delivering best-in-class model solutions in support to the Financial Crimes Regulation division.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That's why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
• advanced University degree (Master's or Ph.D.) in Computer Science, Physics, Statistics, Mathematics, Optimization, Electrical / Mechanical Engineering, or Aeronautics
• ideally 2 to 4 years of analytics / statistical / rule based model development/validation/ownership experience (Actimize, Tonbeller, SAS, SearchSpace, or similar)
• experience in using advanced quantitative & machine learning methods, applied preferably in financial services, risk & compliance domain. Binary and Multi Class experience will also be helpful.
• thorough understanding of model risk management / model governance requirements and processes (SR 11-7/15-18/15-19) Experience with US model validation and/or US/EU regulatory experience highly desirable. Role requires thorough understanding of model regulatory framework and ability to execute as a model owner with minimal guidance, meeting documentation guidelines and timelines, triangulating with global model risk management teams, and independently being able to address model risk findings
• ability to independently define/design, document, and defend conceptual soundness, outcomes analysis, identify boundary conditions, weaknesses and limitations, and produce high volume of model documental with ease is a required skill for this job
• excellent project management, communication & presentation skills with strong focus in soft/interpersonal skills.
• ability to document complex financial systems with minimal guidance and support
• self-starter, able to manage and prioritize multiple priorities, excellent proficiency in SQL R/Python
• end to end project ownership, manages critical path of delivery timelines, mitigates blockers and escalates as needed, avoids delivery surprises by managing timelines, expectations, and escalating early warning indicators proactively while avoiding surprises for all project stakeholders.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Valid through: 11/14/2021