BAE Systems is hiring for a Model Based Systems Engineering Position.
The work we do at BAE Systems matters. We create innovative technologies and solutions that give our military and commercial customers an edge. We seek strong technical engineers with passion and integrity, the ability to solve complex problems, and an interest in making a significant impact. Are you up for the challenge? It’s more than a job. It’s inspired work.
As a systems engineer, you will bring forward your Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) practices to help solve complex aerospace problems.
Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Knowledge of Model-Based Systems Engineering approaches, methods and techniques applied to the development of system level architecture products.
- Experience with the following software packages &languages is a significant asset
- Model-Based Systems Engineering tools (e.g., Enterprise Architect, Rational/Rational, CORE, MagicDraw)
- UML & SysML
- Experience with any of the following – ARP-4754A/DO-178B or C/DO-254
- The following personal traits or abilities are critical for success
- Natural leader & mentor
- Excels in “grey areas”, succeeds in complicated technical situations
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability and drive to deliver on time, while working in a semi-autonomous environment
- Ability to create and communicate an accurate schedule
Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience performing trade studies
- Experience in at least one of the following subject areas:
- Digital Control Systems
- Modeling, simulation, and analysis
- SCADA & networked communications
- Industrial controls & programming
- Experience with safety critical control systems
Req #: 46649BR