The growth of model-based development has created increased demand for MATLAB and Simulink. Join the Pilot Engineering team to support deployments of model based design, simulation, code generation and verification using MATLAB and Simulink through long-term technical engagements with key customers in the aerospace, defense and automotive industries.
This position is located in Novi, MI and has periodic travel for customer presentations, planning discussions and on-site technical meetings (up to 20%).
- Partner with select customers to evaluate and integrate model based design, simulation, code generation and verfication tools into a production software development process.
- Collaborate with account teams in a fast-paced environment to establish and execute business strategies for key MathWorks customers.
- Develop extensions to MATLAB/Simulink to address specific customer requirements.
- Develop tools to support interchange between MATLAB/Simulink and other modeling tools and data repositories.
- Document customer requirements and work with MathWorks software development staff to ensure requirements are implemented correctly in future versions of MATLAB/Simulink.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
- Experience with MATLAB and Simulink or similar graphical modeling/code generation tools.
- Strong desire and ability to work with customers and turn their needs into actionable plans.
- Experience with systems engineering and requirements analysis.
- C / Java / C++ software development experience.
- Experience with software development processes/standards such as DO-178B/C, ISO26262 and CMMi.
- Flexibility to work on multiple projects with ability to multi-task based upon frequently changing business opportunities and external demands.