The Engineering & Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as an M&S Application Software Engineer based out of Colorado Springs, CO.
What You'll get to Do:
The M&S Application Software Engineer candidate will perform the following tasks:
- Support development of a large simulation system in a small team environment
- Design, implement, integrate, and test Application software used in a Modeling and Simulation environment as well as support of the software development life cycle
- Participate in peer reviews, documentation and configuration management adhering to the project level process plans.
- Support preparation and presentation of briefings and demonstrations to customer.
- Active Secret clearance
- 5 Years with Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with Masters; 1 Years with PhD or equivalent experience in lieu of degree
- Recent development experiences in C++, OOD, OOP, XML, UML, JAVA required.
- Candidate must have experience in OOD and OOP using C++ and Java on a UNIX/Linux platform.
- Experience with Agile development methodology.
- Background should include all aspects of the software development life cycle.
- Experience with Git, JIRA, Confluence and other open source development tools.
- Experience working in an integrated team environment with other systems, software, and specialty engineers to develop solutions.
- Experience in developing missile defense simulations, and executing state machines desired
- Consideration will be given for radar specific Modeling and Simulation experience especially with OSM.
- Able to communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches and findings.
- Proven interaction in a team environment a must.