5 - 7 years experience • Software
Position: Mobility Solutions
Location: Naperville, IL
Position Full time role
The Director of Mobility Solutions position is responsible for delivering mobile product experiences that delight customers. This position manages the mobility team responsible for ESP360 and othermobile/web initiatives within the Mobility Program. Additionally, this position interfaces with external/internal customers, and the mobility product committee to deliver innovative and best in class solutions.
- Work closely with the mobility product committee to develop the product vision, strategy, and roadmap
- Work closely with the marketing team to develop product collateral such as presentations, sales tools, and competitive analysis.
- Present and evangelize the product in the user community at industry trade shows, conferences, , webinars, and social media
- Manage, mentor, and collaborate with the mobility development team to drive product delivery/implementation.
- Manage multiple products and prioritize new features based on customer need, industry trends, company strategy and ROI
- Skillfully define Minimum Viable Product (MVPs) to release incrementally, shipping early and often
- Approve unit and quality testing results for customer facing solutions
- Identify various technology platform trends in and out of the industry
- Perform risk assessments regarding solution releases and updates
- Demonstrate strong project management skills:
- Defining and recommending scope, schedule, cost or resource adjustments
- Connecting short-term demands to long-term implications, in alignment with the supporting business case.
- Prioritizing multiple tasks while meeting deadlines
- Communicating project status (health, forecast, issues, risks, etc.) to stakeholders in a timely, accurate, open and honest fashion.
- Effectively balance competing project constraints including but not limited to scope, quality, schedule, funding, budget, resources, and risk, to manage project success.
- Negotiating with stakeholders to obtain the resources necessary for successful project execution.
- Managing key performance indicators related to the project.
- Escalating to IT leaders any risk related to projects.
- Acting as a champion, change agent, and IT-Business liaison.
- Drive continuous improvement and efficiency in mobile/web product development via best practices and industry standards.
- Enforce and maintain standards for coding processes that are in adherence to development methodology.
Technical Skills Required:
- 5+ years of product management experience in mobile products (Android or iOS and Mobile Web)
- Strong understanding of UI/UX
- Solid Experience in iOS and Android development to build mobile Hybrid apps
- Deep understanding of e-commerce and/or customer facing mobile applications, best practices, and market trends.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum Development methods
- Basic understanding of app ecosystems and related technologies such as REST API's, SDK's, Push Notification Services, oAuth, HLS, JSON, XML
Non-Technical Skills Required:
- A passionate self-starter that exhibits high energy, attention to detail, and a positive take charge attitude
- Strong business acumen and results driven orientation.
- Ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal), explaining complex technical issues in a way that non- technical people may understand
- Critical End-to-End thinking - the ability to see how parts interact with the whole chain
- Strong creative problem-solving and analytical skills to identify opportunities and pain-points
- Intellectual curiosity to research, learn, and apply knowledge
- Have a strong empathy for the customer and the ability to translate that into features
- Ability to think and act both strategically and tactically.
- Solid Project Management skills
- Leadership skills – people and thought leadership, collaboration, facilitation, and negotiation skills
- Strong Team-Player with excellent interpersonal skills