Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
Not Applicable/NoneJob Description: Opportunity:Parsons has an immediate opening to lead our transportation team based out of Tempe, Arizona. This position is critical to the continued growth of our statewide practice including project leadership, staff mentoring, and business development.
In this role you will manage day-to-day business operations, staff, projects, and project pursuits for the Mobility Solutions team located in Tempe, Arizona. You will serve as our statewide leader and directly supervise a team of discipline managers. Disciplines include roadway, drainage/hydraulics, traffic/transportation, and structural design, and transportation planning
. Successful candidates will have a demonstrated strong history of leading and supporting transportation projects in the state of Arizona.Responsibilities:
- Provide mentoring for staff development and promote a collaborative culture within the team. Coordinate with Area and Region managers and other senior leaders to develop short- and long-term vision, goals, and strategy for the operation that will grow our business while empowering and motivating our staff.
- Collaborate with the Area Business Development Manager to lead a variety of business development activities within Arizona. Establish and maintain client contacts. Strengthen current business relationships; coordinate meetings between clients/potential clients and technical or other key individuals. Keep abreast of overall business trends, particularly the current business climate within Arizona. Follow up in a timely manner on all possible leads. Typical responsibilities include managing important client accounts and larger, more-complex proposal/project activities.
- Develop proposals for services in response to invitations to bid and provide guidance to proposal teams from inception to completion. Is familiar with previously negotiated contract terms and provisions and can adapt them for new work as appropriate. Make pricing recommendations based on experience and a thorough understanding of the policies and goals of the Company.
- Provide direction and management for large and medium-sized projects, or several small projects, and ensure on-schedule completion within or below budget in accordance with contractual obligations. Responsible for the scope development, scope management, and financial performance of the project to meet project goals and objectives.
- Plan and define program goals and develop methods to accomplish them; demonstrate in-depth knowledge of client objectives, contract terms, and corporate policies. Should be familiar with the integration of engineering/technical aspects, as well as procurement and construction activities. This level of Project Manager typically manages projects up to $250 million in total installed cost.
- Work with the Area Business Development and Operations Managers to establish marketing and overhead budgets for the state. Monitor budgets weekly and take necessary actions to stay within budgets. Work with the Area Business Development and Operations Managers to establish revenue and sales goals and metrics on a yearly basis. Track progress and communicate status to the team. Lead bi-monthly all-team meetings and monthly management team meetings.
- Ensure the Mobility Solutions management team is conducting workload forecasting and developing staffing plans for their teams. Lead staffing discussions at monthly management team meetings and facilitate workshare to ensure projects are staffed appropriately and employees are utilized. Perform performance reviews and assist with development plans for direct reports. Provide input into the annual salary planning process. Participate in performance improvement plans for employees as required. Identify employees for recognition and nominates employees for various company programs.
- 4-year degree in Civil Engineering or related technical/business field and 15 years or more of related work experience is required.
- Candidate should have a broad general technical and business background, as well as previous project management experience on similar or related projects.
- Professional registration (PE) as a licensed professional engineer in the State of Arizona (or ability to obtain this license within 6 months of hire) is required.
- Demonstrated strong, successful relationships within the transportation markets in Arizona. Examples of clients include, but are not limited to, the Arizona Department of Transportation, City of Phoenix, and other municipalities/agencies statewide. References required.
Candidate must meet Parsons' project management certification requirements. Proven ability to perform in a management capacity (including project performance management and metrics, i.e. budget schedule, revenue forecasts), excellent written and oral communications skills, and a thorough knowledge of industry practices and regulations are also required. In addition, must be knowledgeable of current technology and how it is effectively utilized in our business.
The position requires a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief.