BASIC PURPOSE: Build and maintain an innovative mobile device platform that will place NCLH at the forefront of mobile device management in the cruise industry. Research, design, develop, operate and maintain the mobile device strategy for all 3 brands. Solutions may include 3rd party and/or in-house developed applications and the procurement of solutions in the most cost effective method. Support specification, installation, testing and monitoring of systems within established standards and guidelines to deliver operational excellence.
- Research, design, implement, customize and maintain all mobile device management (MDM) applications and hardware. Ensure the most suitable and cost effective hardware and software solutions are acquired that meet corporate goals and objectives.
- Implement innovative technologies that will place NCLH at the industry forefront of mobile device management.
- Evaluate, scorecard, present and guide the decision making process for new mobile deployment strategies.
- Work with application developers to determine requirements for all mobile initiatives. Develop a deployment strategy, test and perform proof of concept initiatives.
- Manage the deployment of all mobile hardware and software projects. Work closely with the Business Technology Partners to document requirements of the project, create and maintain project plans with milestone dates, prepare project budgets, track project progress, track project costs and communicate project progress to all stakeholders. Systematically track issues and risks inherent to the project. Make sure mitigation strategies are in place.
- Design, develop, evaluate and maintain MDM applications, based on business and technical requirements using company standards, including IT standards for Security and Compliance. Review existing standards and identify areas where improvements are needed.
- Monitor performance and reliability of operating systems and program products to improve computer systems utilization for maximum return on corporate investment.
- Provide after hours problem resolution during rotation period.
- Manage ticket life cycle by monitoring, tracking and closing resolved tickets. Deliver assigned application development tasks and projects.
- Respond to trouble tickets and calls related to MDM applications.
- Partner with vendors to and implement recommended maintenance updates. Ensure key performance indicators and interconnections with other systems are operational and do not exceed established thresholds. Search for issues and provide solutions to prevent problems from occurring in area of responsibility. Identify potential escalations and alert management.
- Maintain technical expertise in area of MDM solutions.
- Perform other job related functions as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field of study; or any equivalent combination of relevant experience, education and training. Project Management (PMP) certification preferred or equivalent experience.
EXPERIENCE: 7 years of experience in mid to large size enterprise IT environments. Advanced knowledge of common MDM methodologies and tools. 5 years of experience working with BYOD or MDM deployments.