The Mobility Engineer's primary responsibility is facilitating the success of messaging related solutions by providing engineering and overall technical support for all versions of Exchange, Mobile Device Management software and some third party applications. The Engineer implements existing projects and develops/implements new projects as part of a team responsible for day-to-day operations of an Exchange Organization deployed as part of a large enterprise messaging environment. The role requires a deep understanding of Microsoft technologies including advanced troubleshooting, ability to design, document and implement solutions supporting 30K+ users. The position requires a secret clearance and some foreign travel for installations.
* Must have a secret clearance *
Specific Duties, Activities, and Responsibilities:
- Architect messaging and collaboration solutions for a large global customer, with a focus in the following areas:
- Disaster Recovery
- Remote Access
- Server Consolidation
- Follow a detailed, complex Request for Change (RFC) process for every change and new solution being implemented.
- Create and maintain product Road Maps and Project Plans for assigned projects.
- Ensure that the Exchange Organization is meeting the defined SLAs and SLOs, this will include monthly reporting to upper level management.
- Follow defined engineering processes to ensure that all messaging projects meet all requirements and are delivered in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all systems deployed meet defined security guidelines.
- Provide Tier 4 level support to the operational staff at the various Server Farms.
- In addition to addressing assigned Tier 4 tickets, provide mentorship to the Tier 3 SMEs in the field. This will include holding regular meetings with the messaging and collaboration Tier 3 staff.
- Provide guidance as a subject matter expert for the Messaging and Collaborations Services team to customers, management and other team members.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Requirements Gathering
- Architecture and Design
- Collaboration with Customers and Project Management Staff
Specific skills required:
- 5-10 years' experience with Microsoft Exchange 2007 through 2016 in a large Exchange Organization (30,000+ global seat implementation)
- 5 years' experience with Blackberry Enterprise Servers or other Mobility Solutions
- 5-10 years' experience with Active Directory in support of Exchange Organizations
- Understanding of the DoD accreditation process and DISA STIGs
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft operating platforms (Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 including IIS) and Office applications (including Visio & Project)
- Proficient with TCP/IP and IT related applications such as WINS, DNS and TELNET
- Excellent research skills
- Technical documentation skills
Additional Beneficial Skills:
- Knowledgeable of Networking technology including Network Load Balancing Appliances (F5)
- Knowledgeable of Reverse Proxy Solutions
- Knowledgeable of Server Platform technology
- Knowledgeable of Information Assurance Architecture
Professional skills required to successfully support an enterprise organization:
- Works independently, with minimal guidance, and as a member of a high performance team.
- Takes ownership of assigned projects, guiding projects to completion within established timelines.
- Provides client support, develops documentation and manages processes when changes occur.
- Displays strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to facilitate communication and coordination with network users throughout the company.
- Demonstrates solid professional and customer service skills.
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Deals appropriately with confidential information.
- Trains/mentors Tier III support services.
Microsoft Exchange 2007, 2013 and 2016; Blackberry Enterprise Server; Microsoft Office; Active Directory; Windows Scripting; Information Assurance; Platform Knowledge; Windows Server 2008, 2012
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MSCA): Windows Server 2008 or MSCA: Windows Server 2012 certification
- CompTIA Security+ CE or the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Other Certifications preferred, but not required are MCITP or MCSE in Exchange.
Requires 8 to 10 years with BS/BA or 6 to 8 years with MS/MA or 3 to 5 years with PhD.