The time is right to join HNTB! HNTB is looking for a candidate passionate about applying cutting edge technologies to solve mobility challenges such as connected and automated vehicles, smart mobility, emerging mobility, electric vehicles and big data. The ideal candidate will be a creative and forward-thinking problem solver, looking to coordinate the efforts of the design team. This position could be located in any of our Pennsylvania offices (Philadelphia, Allentown, King of Prussia, Harrisburg or Pittsburgh).
The ideal candidate will provide coordination of project execution and control, to achieve continuity of purpose within scope, budget, and time schedules from initial start-up through project closeout. Serves as technical liaison with client on project efforts.
- Research upcoming technology advancements related to emerging mobility including ITS, connected and automated vehicles, shared mobility, electric vehicles.
- Prepare systems engineering related reports and plans based on project analyses and assessment.
- Collect field data, analyze data, and prepare studies to support decisions on transportation systems, policies, standards.
- Prepare ITS design including communication and power design, reports, and plans for transportation projects.
- Performs under the general direction of a project manager.
- Provides technical expertise and guidance to project teams and oversees completeness and accuracy of the team's work
- Assist with project management duties.
- Deliver project discipline scope elements within budget and schedule.
- Coordination with clients and builds effective client relationships
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (or similar)
- EIT/PE Licensed in Pennsylvania
- Knowledgeable in Microstation
- Experience with communications technologies
- Experience with connected and autonomous vehicles
- Experience with ITS design and transportation systems management and operations (TSM&O) tools
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Responsible for the delivery of project discipline scope elements within budget and schedule.
- Oversees completeness and accuracy of project team’s work. Guides team to overall project objectives.
- Serves as technical liaison with client at staff level for work within the discipline.
- Assists with project management duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- 6 years relevant experience
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.