Let’s talk shop: Lightspeed is looking for a full-time Mobile Test Automation Specialist at our Montreal office. This is a test automation position where you will be spending most days leveraging your development skills.
Lightspeed’s Agile development environment will allow you to shine both individually and as part of a team of like-minded automation experts. We are looking for developers who don’t just like to code, they dream code.
Here’s a little song we wrote about you: You have background in software engineering, you played with front-end, back-end systems, you implemented different types of testing. You played in the Cloud and mobile devices.
You are a well versed software engineer with the unique challenges that come with testing software in an Agile development environment. You love testing and you’re game with collaborating with distributed development teams to create products that solve real-world problems for customers around the globe.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place - more than 50,000 businesses processing over $15 billion in transactions use Lightspeed’s point-of-sale and eCommerce platforms for inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics.
Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed is backed by Accel Partners, iNovia Capital, Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ), and Investissement Québec (IQ). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Participate in the elaboration of the test strategy and test coverage maintenance.
- Support iOS development teams to design, create and maintain automated test cases;
- Help the team in the initial setup of the test automation program;
- Deploy automated test suites in a Continuous Integration (CI) system;
- Continuously improve the quality process through use of tools and quality techniques;
- Participate in process monitoring (defining metrics, implementing dashboards
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in software engineering or computer science
- Demonstrated knowledge of testing processes, standards, and best practices
- Excellent interaction and communication skills (excellent spoken and written English);
- Strong organizational and problem solving abilities;
- 2+ years of experience in test automation development for iOS native applications
- 4+ years experience developing and shipping production-grade software in
- Objective-C for Mac or iOS
- Knowledge of the Cocoa framework and Swift language
- Knowledge of UI design Apple tools
- Excellent understanding of CI process;
- Solid Understanding of Agile methodology;
- Experience with distributed version control systems (DVCS) such as Git;
- Demonstrated experience using test-driven development
- Knowledge of Quartz and Core Animation
- Experience with Core Data
- Familiarity with the BDD concepts and Cucumber (incl. Gherkin language);
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools like Jenkins or ConfluenceCI;
And when you’re not testing?
In addition to the perks you see in the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- Flexible working hours - No punch in no punch out!
- Brand new office in a castle, one of the best development center in Montreal
- Even if we became bigger everyone has an impact on the company as a whole
- We encourage initiatives and leadership
- Tech talks - Sharing is caring :)
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon
- Birthday treats every month - 300 people in Montreal, that’s a lot of cakes!
- Fun activities with your teammates - Be part of the Lightspeed Family!
- Work with highly skilled people.